What score needed for St Thomas Rich?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DebP

What score needed for St Thomas Rich?

Post by DebP »

Sorry to as as I 'm sure it is here somewhere, but I cant find it?
At the bottom end what is the lowest score/ or ranking that is known to get in to Tommies.
We want to have realistic expectations when we get those results in October.
Thank you.
Mum66

Re: What score needed for St Thomas Rich?

Post by Mum66 »

It's 210 to pass but that's no guarantee of a place - in the year DS did the test you needed 214. Fingers crossed for all the DCs sitting the test this time.
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Four years ago the score needed was 221, but that seems to have been an exceptional year.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

This year a couple of boys I know who scored 210 got in.....it is really variable! Good luck to all those with DC taking 11 plus...... We will be thinking of you in October.....and November and December ( you get the picture)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

On a lightly pedantic note, it is Sir, not St. (and the the supposed sixteen thousand pound of what god gave, was actually nearer six;-))
PaterGloucester

Re: What score needed for Sir Thomas Rich?

Post by PaterGloucester »

Another pedantic note: as I understand the scoring, surely these figures can not be compared year against year as they will have been standardised against a particular year's cohort ?

I.e., a child who scored 205 in one year might have scored 235 in another if the group of boys he took it with achieved lower scores. There is no objective pass mark as the minimum raw score that achieves a pass will vary each year – even though the standardised pass mark remains the same.

Put another way, if your DC took the test with a group of geniuses he might get a score of 200; if he took it with a group of total dunces he might get 240 even though he got the same number of questions right. All the standardised score (and hence the pass mark) shows is how well the child scored in relation to others. Quite feasibly a child scoring 240 in 2010 might have a lower percentage of correct answers than a child scoring 230 in 2011: it all depends on the cohort.

Er... I think.
platypus

Post by platypus »

r
Last edited by platypus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

I think DebP you are probably trying to work out your Dss chances for STRS. The pass is 210 but as previous posters have said it doesn't really help much because it depends on the cohort taking the test. The general feeling has been that you need to be hitting around 85% or above on papers to be around the pass mark for Tommies but that is just a very rough estmate and anything can happen on the day of course. Try not to worry and good luck.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

I have always thought if you are hitting 90%+ in practice you will if performing on the day get str.
Amber

Post by Amber »

DS2 was not scoring consistently 90% in practice (I think he did about 5 or 6 practice papers) and passed for STRS very comfortably. I can't remember his practice scores now but 78% seems to ring a bell, with a couple of 100% and most somewhere in between I think.