Results are coming in

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: Results are coming in

Post by stroudydad »

Louise that score is only for STRS, in previous years that would have secured a place.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

DC - have pm'd you.
LouiseMarie1975

Post by LouiseMarie1975 »

stroudydad wrote:Louise that score is only for STRS, in previous years that would have secured a place.
Thank you
DebP

Post by DebP »

STR - My son also got a disappointingly low result, so unlikely to pass for Crypt.

Do most parents tick for all the schools like we did?

He did take 11+ in another area as well so be interesting to see how he did there. A supose a good 11+ result from another area would be good evidence in an appeal.
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

The cut off score at STRS for the past few years, 2011 was 210, 2010 was 215, 2009 was 222. So my DS's 223 is truly in the twilight zone, but I'm hoping that as it was a low birthrate year for Gloucestershire the cut off should be lower rather than higher.
Last edited by Ellen-Jane on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

mumoffin wrote:Hi, can anybody help, we've never been through this process before and are a little confused. Just had the email from STRS..My son scored 234..how confident can we be of a place with that kind of score..or for any of the other schools..??
Hi Mumoffin

I've PM'd you. Check your messages.

PG
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Deb P - have pm'd you. Keep the faith x
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

EJ I don't think you should be considering twilight zone for a score of 223. I would be extremely shocked if your DS did not have an offer for STRS. Just relax now, your DS has done enough. Mumofin your son will have a STRS offer with 234 and can't be that far off a Pates place either if you have ticked for that school. Look back on the scores/places sticky from last year.

Commiserations to anyone with a disappointing result. Cyber hugs to you.

Best wishes to all of you still biting your nails. x
mumoffin

Post by mumoffin »

Thanks for the advice. As my DS was the first of my 4 children to go through this process (yikes, not sure I can face doing this all over again, let alone another 3 times!!) I really wasn't sure what our scored qualified him for. The heavy disclaimer about a qualifying score not neccessarily meaning a guaranteed place is a little un-nerving but happy to say your reassurances can safely mean a large celebratory glass of vino this evening (for me-not DS! Ha ha).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mumoffin wrote:Thanks for the advice. As my DS was the first of my 4 children to go through this process (yikes, not sure I can face doing this all over again, let alone another 3 times!!) .
This is the is the bit they don't include in the ante natal classes!! :lol: :lol: enjoy the vino :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now