Coach from Cheltenham to STRS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ellen-Jane

Coach from Cheltenham to STRS

Post by Ellen-Jane »

My DS has probably got a place at STRS but it isn't our first choice as he has siblings at Cleeve (but we are out of catchment and there is no sibling policy) So, I won't know which school he will be going to until March. The 'bonking' bus to STRS and HSFG seems to get very quickly booked up. If I leave it until March, will he get a place on it? If I book it now and he doesn't go to STRS, will I get a refund?
Chelt_Dad

Re: Coach from Cheltenham to STRS

Post by Chelt_Dad »

Never heard the bus called that before, like that a lot, much remember that as my DS1 gets older and maybe to pack some protection for him!

Bennetts will not send you a form until after you have a place in March from what I recollect two years ago. You should ring them and they will either send you a form immediately or wait until the current children, who have first first refusal on their current route, say yes or no to carrying on. Then you should get the form back to Bennetts as soon as you can, with passport photos and your payment details. They say they cannot guarantee a place on the preferred route but I don't know of anyone who has been refused who got the form back in good order. They try to maximize the amount of children on each route as my DS1 whinges on some days!

Chelt_Dad
Ellen-Jane

Re: Coach from Cheltenham to STRS

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Thanks Cheltdad! I knew I'd get a quicker response here than trying to find out which coach company it was and then ringing them.

My friend's DD, now 22 and a graduate, used to go to HSFG and it was always known as the bonking bus. More for arranging fairly innocent liaisons than actual bonking. :lol: