What to put on CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Magicmillie

What to put on CAF

Post by Magicmillie »

New to Forum and wish I'd found it earlier.
DD wants to go to SHS rank 153. Never considered any other grammar but now not sure what to put on CAF. Got 231 for RHHS and 223 HSFG. Has always said she would go to local comp if doesn't get into SHS. We have pointed out that she may not get into SHS so may have to consider the alternatives so now thinks if she doesn't get in to SHS then she may like to go to another GS and not our local comp although hasn't looked around the others. Really hopes she gets into SHS but help needed on what to put on CAF. Obviously SHC 1st preference but do I then put RHHS 2nd and local comp 3rd? If she doesn't get SHS and gets RHHS and we turn that down she will be on a W/L for her local comp? Any help/reassurance appreciatively received.
stroudydad

Re: What to put on CAF

Post by stroudydad »

Wouldn't like to comment on the technical aspects as there are far more knowledgable people than me on here but I would make two comments.
1. I would be amazed if she didn't get to SHS, they went well into the 200 ranks last year, that's only 33 out of 153 that need to go somewhere else(I think more than that will go to pates alone.
2. Visit the other schools before worrying about the form..

Well done to your DD :-)
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

If she doesn't by some freak of chance, get either SHS, HSFG or Ribston, then the last choice will be her effective first choice and it will be as if she put the comp 1st. The schools never know what order you put them on the CAF, so if you don't get SHS, HSFG will think she put them first, if she doesn't get HSFG, Ribston will look at her as if she put them first, not after others who did put them first. Then if she doesn't get Ribston, the comp will look at her as if she put them first!

You should put them in your true preference order. There is no advantage to doing otherwise. No game playing necessary. :D

(By the way, she should get into all three with those scores!)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I cannot imagine you not getting your SHS place!
Well done to your DD.
I have a 17 year old in upper sixth (showing my age now), who has been there since year7, so any info do pm me x
Magicmillie

Post by Magicmillie »

Thanks for your replies and reassuarances. CAF now done.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now