Worth Appealing?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
glo999

Worth Appealing?

Post by glo999 »

Hi I'm new to this, would you be able to give me some advice?

My child has received a NVR score of 96 and VR score of 102, 12 short of the pass mark!

They didn't finish the NVR paper,they were so consumed with working out the answers that they ran out of time and didn't complete the last 23 questions.

Although a combined score of 198 and 23 questions not answered do you think this is worth appealing for, I am of the conclusion that had they finished possibly a good chance of attaining the pass mark?

They have good CATs scores and possibly level 5s at the end of year 6.

Help!!

What advice would you give me?

Many Thanks
Ellen-Jane

Re: Worth Appealing?

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Glo, what NVR paper? Did your DC take the 11+ in Gloucestershire? There are 2 VR papers. The first one was harder with more questions and less time and very few DC finished it. Unless your DC had some extenuating circumstances on the day I'm not sure you'd get far appealing on those grounds. Sorry to sound so negative. You may have a better chance with their good academic reports from the school?
hermanmunster

Re: Worth Appealing?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Glo999

Welcome to the forum - we have quite a lot of info about appeals here ... good place to start in your endeavour:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now