Twilight zone? Help needed......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pippaplumtree

Twilight zone? Help needed......

Post by Pippaplumtree »

New to this game.......I'm worried about filling in the CAF, but have to do it soon!
My DD scored : 216 SHS, ranked 283, RHS 215

We really liked both schools; she is probably a bit keener on SHS and it is nearer to home.

Should we just forget about SHS; i'm guessing that's too far down the rankings?
Or should we put it 1st above RHS on the form?
Does she have a reasonable chance of getting into RHS with that score? I don't want to prejudice that chance by putting it second on the form.

Thank you
stroudydad

Re: Twilight zone? Help needed......

Post by stroudydad »

If she wants SHS then put that first, if she does not get a place then ribston will be considered as her first effective choice, you will lose nothing by putting SHS first. HTH. Well done DD.
bobbym

Post by bobbym »

We are in a very similar position to you. Initially put SHs first but have changed it to RHH first, even though SHS is easier for us to get to. Just feel RHH is better fit for our girl. Come March if you end up with a place at RHH & need transport please see my earlier thread 'Travel to Ribston/Crypt from Nailsworth/Stroud' as I am trying to sort out a bus. Good Luck with whatever you decide. :)
bobbym

Post by bobbym »

P.s. You won't prejudice your chance of a place at Ribston if u do put Shs first. The schools don't see your preference order. Also you have a very good chance of a place at RHH. When I visited Ribston last week I was told if you had 'passed' you were very likely to get a place. Hope that helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now