Scary Forum?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fran17

Re: Scary Forum?

Post by Fran17 »

I lurked for quite a while before joining in. I used to read through my posts about six times before posting and edit like mad in order to try to eliminate any grammatical or spelling errors and to ensure I didn't offend anyone. Every now and then when I have read an old post I have been very embarrassed to spot a very obvious error. :oops:

Then I tell myself that nobody on here will judge me. :wink:

I am a huge fan of the forum and have been given invaluable advice over the years. My youngest DS is in year 9 so I have many years of questions ahead of me.

If you are a lurker reading this, join in and get posting. :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

bromley mum wrote:
Fishz wrote: And even though it is technically all over I still find myself popping by to read post.
Oh, no it's not!! There are CATS, GCSE, AS, A2 exams and then uni. So, you can stay for a bit longer!!
STAY??? most people can't find the way out ...!! :lol:
vanla5

Post by vanla5 »

I only joined recently after lurking in the background for many weeks. Have to say I don't think we would have got through the whole 11+ thing without the knowledge and help we got through this forum. A big thank you to everyone for your help, advice and words of encouragement. I will certainly be sticking around and continue to enjoy reading your posts in the future :)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

stroudydad wrote:EmeraldE: green eyes? Amber: red hair? Capers: ???
Capers: small, green, wrinkly, a bit salty and often found in a bottle.
Capers
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I think it can be a little scary even for people who have been here for a while. You only have to think about how many of us delete posts for fear (maybe a little strong) of upsetting people or even, dare I say, having to defend a point of view. Most of the time I stick to trivial threads as I find them less threatening. I think, though, it is human nature to remember the one upsetting comment/post rather than the many supportive posts. The fact that many of us are still here says a lot.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

FluffyCat wrote:Capers you don't do yourself justice! ...although come to think of it I have seen you with a bottle fairly often :lol: :lol:
Better than being a plain caper or even a forrie caper, FC!
for those confused by this exchange, caper is an anglicisation of the ballet term 'cabriole'.
Capers
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

bromley mum wrote:
Fishz wrote: And even though it is technically all over I still find myself popping by to read post.
Oh, no it's not!! There are CATS, GCSE, AS, A2 exams and then uni. So, you can stay for a bit longer!!
EEK! I am burying my head in the sand and pretending it will be easier from now on.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I was hoping to continue the 'scary' theme by posting some jack o' lantern carvings for people to put usernames to, sadly it appears that this is not that easy to do.
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I have never found this forum intimidating, it has been nothing but helpful and supportive. I am sure I will still be lurking on here when I am grey and old. |Ermmm, actually, better retract that statement, already grey and old! Off to get some hair dye now!
Vic x