Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 pm 

..................... I have been told that Gloucestershire are dropping the verbal reasoning tests from October 2014; can anyone tell me if they are being replaced by the English and Maths tests or something else entirely?

edited by moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 am 

Hi, there is a thread (11 or 12 below this one) about the proposed C.E.M. tests. As I understand it there is more information about it on the Bucks and Birmingham sections of this site. They are trying to make it "tutor proof" and would include NVR and VR as well as sections to encompass Maths and English.
There have been "trial tests" for some Gloucestershire grammar pupils this year but as yet, it hasn't been decided.
I'm concerned as my DS will be taking it in 2014 and we're not sure what to expect so I'm keeping my eyes peeled on this too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am 

Hi, has anyone heard anymore about this change? And is there a deadline by which time the change needs to have been announced? My DD keeps asking about the test we're hoping she'll take in 2014 which she and I, at the moment, know nothing about :shock: It would be nice if, as a change is being considered, someone let us all know something?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:35 pm 

I don't think we'll know for certain until this year's test is complete, then the grammar schools will need to publish which test they are going to apply on their websites. Still not certain but probable from what I can gather.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:37 pm 

From what you can gather?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am 

Are they trying to make the exam tutor proof by bringing in CEM or simply by leaving the decision so late us poor parents and their DC simply have no time to practice!