Scores and allocated schools...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DC17C

Re: Scores and allocated schools...

Post by DC17C »

Marl wrote:Does anyone know how far STRS went down this year? I have found someone that has mentioned 216 - DS on 213. Just wondering whether to put down for the waiting list or to stick with DS being happy with his current allocation which is a bit further away travel-wise.
Phone and speak to whoever deals with admissions at the school - I supect they would say it is worth a go as circumstances do change and there is no harm in being on the waiting list. especially if it would make for easier journeys.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I heard that STRS have a large waiting list this year, and no one below 216 was offered a place. This was put down to more Pates passers choosing the school, although it seems Pates didn't go low either so not sure what happened.
platypus

Post by platypus »

r
Last edited by platypus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naivemum

What were the final numbers

Post by naivemum »

Does anyone know the final entry mark for the schools. As appeals are being heard I assume it is unlikely any further movement will take place, so it might be useful for next years cohort.

I heard STRS went to 219, Pates 134 on the waiting list, HSFG 214. Not sure if this is correct or dangerous playground gossip!
mcs

Post by mcs »

My boy got in with 215. We had gone through the appeal process, but a place opened up yesterday and he was next on the list! If his appeal is successful, he will have got in twice :lol: Can't begin to express the joy and relief we are all feeling. My son couldn't believe his good fortune, there wasn't a dry eye in the house last night.
So pleased for him.
bananabrain

Post by bananabrain »

Wonderful news for you and your son! :)
Ellen-Jane

Re: What were the final numbers

Post by Ellen-Jane »

I had a friend's DS get STRS on 216 on 1st March, and mcs has just posted that her DS has just got a place from the waiting list with 215. :D

Another friend's DD got HSFG in March with 213.
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

I have just heard of someone who has got in to Denmark Road with a score of 209. Would that have been appeal panel at this stage or are they still doing the shake out?
Amber

Post by Amber »

fairweathergardener wrote:I have just heard of someone who has got in to Denmark Road with a score of 209. Would that have been appeal panel at this stage or are they still doing the shake out?
As I understand it that must have been on appeal as it is one below the pass mark.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Amber is likely to be correct. A grammar school can only admit children at the start of Y7 if 1) they are under PAN/IAN (ie, officially have spare places)
AND 2) the child has passed the 11+

Only an appeals panel can direct them to take children if they are at or over PAN, or the child has not passed the 11+.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now