results date?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pixiequeen

Re: results date?

Post by pixiequeen »

Someone on this forum suggested sending yourself a letter guaranteed next day delivery on the Fri, so hopefully the postman will bring ALL the post with it on the Sat. We never usually get any post on Sat so I am def going to try it. I can't wait till Monday to find out :(
CheltMum13

Post by CheltMum13 »

pixiequeen wrote:Someone on this forum suggested sending yourself a letter guaranteed next day delivery on the Fri, so hopefully the postman will bring ALL the post with it on the Sat. We never usually get any post on Sat so I am def going to try it. I can't wait till Monday to find out :(
That's a great idea :) Seems the girls schools are more likely to send letters so I will be trying this and hope it works - I can't wait until the Monday to find out either!
CheltMum13

Post by CheltMum13 »

Finally worked out how to quote a previous post :D May have to have another slice of cake to celebrate!
cheltenhammum

Post by cheltenhammum »

So (for a girl):
Pates sometime on Friday, via e-mail.

HSFG and Ribston, probably Saturday morning by post (Why? Do they not HAVE e-mail??? And if not, why was there a 'please send me the results by e-mail' option on the application form??)
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

you know I overheard someone else (in MacDonalds on Sat lunchtime :D ) saying that the website said you will get results by email if you ticked that box, but that there had been no box to tick on the application form, and she had gone back to check.

My dh filled in the form and he couldn't remember that box either, so i am really hoping that we get them by email and not letter!
custard

Post by custard »

I don't remember any box either.
bewilderedofglos

Post by bewilderedofglos »

steppemum wrote:you know I overheard someone else (in MacDonalds on Sat lunchtime :D ) saying that the website said you will get results by email if you ticked that box, but that there had been no box to tick on the application form, and she had gone back to check.

My dh filled in the form and he couldn't remember that box either, so i am really hoping that we get them by email and not letter!
I was just discussing this with a fellow sufferer. I read the firm twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything and I don't remember the email box! Could it possibly be that if you selected for a girl then the form was different??
custard

Post by custard »

Surely if the website states that the results will arrive after 3.30 on Friday then they must arrive be email. How else are they going to arrive after 3.30?
cheltenhammum

Post by cheltenhammum »

For DS 2 years ago, all results came by e-mail (Pates + 2 Gloucester Grammars) - which is why I am surprised that the girls' ones haven't caught up.

I remember something about a 'assume all contact by e-mail, if not then tick here / contact x' piece of rubric on the registration form... but it might be my imagination!!
cheltenhammum

Post by cheltenhammum »

(This would be consistent with Crypt saying 'after 3.30 pm on Friday', as even 2 years ago they used e-mail. Does anyone have any direct information from HSFG and Ribston as to how they are planning to send results this year - nothing on their websites...?)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now