results date?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
steppemum

Re: results date?

Post by steppemum »

stroudydad :D

do you have any more doing it next time SD or are you just hooked to the stretched nerves of the 11+ :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I've two younger DS, but still in years 1 & 2, obviously we don't know if they'll want to go to grammar yet (or if that'll be the best thing for them, but I shall keep up with the system just in case. But to be honest: My name is Stroudydad and I am an EPE addict.
bewilderedofglos

Post by bewilderedofglos »

Really confused about this tick box for email (or as the lady from ribston put it the tick box to ask for results to be posted). I really don't remember it at all!
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

bewilderedofglos wrote:Really confused about this tick box for email (or as the lady from ribston put it the tick box to ask for results to be posted). I really don't remember it at all!
As far as I can remember there are two boxes at the bottom of the form. (on line )
I think it was near the submit button.
But many people don't seem to remember so they couldn't have been obvious.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

I got a confirmation by email that I had registered for the test. Does that mean they have my email address and will email the results? I don't remember a separate button asking about getting the results via email :shock:
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

bet77 wrote:spoke this morning with each schools about results:

PATES - emails 3.30 pm on Friday
Denmark - letters will be sent out on Friday (possibility arriving on sat)
Ribston - letters or emails if you tick the box on applications form on Friday afternoon
Stroud High school - letters send out Fridays evenings 1st class - so Saturday arriving time ;)

GOOD LUCK !!!
Thanks! If you sat the test at Denmark but asked for the marks to be shared with all the others do you get notification individually from each school you 'shared' with or do the schools just send results to those who actually sat the test with them??
Still confused!
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Yes you get a reply from all schools you asked to share with.
Possibly exception of Pate's who last year only told the top 180.
bet77

Post by bet77 »

yes ! Watermelon8 each school will sent you separately results ! so Pates first , then Ribston afternoon via email (if you tick the box) then letters from Denmark and Stroud on Saturdays ;)
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Thank you!! (not sure if it makes me feel any better, but nice to know all the same :lol: )
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Reading bet77s post made my heart start to pound so badly I had to go and open a (nother) bottle of wine.

I had got it all straight in my head that Pates would email on the Friday, and I could cope with that because although getting a Pates pass would mean DD2 had passed for everywhere else, not getting a pass wouldn't mean she hadn't (and she doesn't want Pates even if she does get it).

But if Ribston are emailing.... :shock: :shock: on Friday afternoon - that will tell me almost certainly how well she has done for the other girls' schools. I'm not sure I'm ready. What if I am picking DD2 up from school when the email arrives - I won't be able to resist the temptation to check my phone every 5 mins for emails - and what if it's bad news?
A Responsible Adult would leave the phone at home and check in privacy (locked in the bathroom), but I'm no longer that person. I have become a gibbering wreck that can't remember this is just SCHOOL we are talking about and that I should just be grateful that my children are happy and healthy and that DD2 can always go to the very good but not so local comp.

And then again, I might have forgotten to tick the 'receive results by email' box anyway. :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now