sorry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pinkoddy

sorry

Post by Pinkoddy »

I don't wish to offend
Last edited by Pinkoddy on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Re: Transport to Marling

Post by stroudydad »

<Bites tongue>
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I don't think it could be used at a appeal, especially as I assume your DS passed for crypt too?

I know you really want one school but maybe a visit to others now may help, I know so many DC who went to their ' second' choice school, or even uni and now LOVE it!

I can vouch for Crypt as being fabulous on all levels, and know very many happy marling and STR boys too.....we are so lucky having so much choice!

Good luck with your decision making, do ask parents with DC at schools on forum for advice, so much help here...... :D
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

stroudydad wrote:<Bites tongue>
No do go on?
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Last edited by Pinkoddy on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I just believe this post to be quite insensitive
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Thank you - in that case can it be removed. I did not mean to be insensitive. I am just worried that my son got a very low mark and he is very low in self confidence and I want to secure a place at a grammar, which I feel is where he would be best placed.
stroudydad

Re: sorry

Post by stroudydad »

Hi Pink, I'm completely understand that you just want the best outcome for your son, we all do, that's why we're here:-) my problem with the post was just that it appeared to me that you only wanted the place as a means to an end. There are many people who want a place at marling whom may not get one, That's all. :-)
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Yes and no I have heard it is a fantastic school it's just not very local and so not my first choice grammar. Was trying to figure out whether to put it on my school choices or would it be too much to get him there. And if not I could let those who are trying to get a place know whether I am or aren't putting it down - if that makes sense.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think - to answer your original question - many people prefer the idea of STRS for all kinds of reasons, but I don't think it would get you very far to appeal on geographical or sibling grounds. To put it bluntly, you need a higher score to get in, and a bit like Pates, there is a feeling that just not quite making it and then giving reasons why you would prefer it is not a path to success. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

But on the positive side - your son has places at other excellent schools. I have never heard of anyone going to Crypt who isn't totally satisfied with it and glad they went there, even if it wasn't their first choice. I have no idea at all about Marling, sorry.