Churchdown/Longlevens to Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlebaker

Churchdown/Longlevens to Pates

Post by littlebaker »

Does anyone know if there's a bus other than Bennetts Coaches that runs along this route? I've just found out that the full price of over £1200 is payable whether you get on at Whitminster or the last stop at Argyll Road, which seems a bit unfair, and I wondered if there was a cheaper way to get to school safely as it seems a lot of money if you get on at the last stop?

I did drive around Painswick as the bus from there is only 1/2 hour to Pates but it doesn't seem like the sort of place I'd want to make children live and it's so expensive. I can see why, as it's beautiful but perhaps good for a visit but not necessarily to live.

Finding somewhere affordable and nice to live that takes about 1/2 hour by bus to Pates is tricky.
Cheltfan

Re: Churchdown/Longlevens to Pates

Post by Cheltfan »

littlebaker wrote:Does anyone know if there's a bus other than Bennetts Coaches that runs along this route? I've just found out that the full price of over £1200 is payable whether you get on at Whitminster or the last stop at Argyll Road, which seems a bit unfair, and I wondered if there was a cheaper way to get to school safely as it seems a lot of money if you get on at the last stop?

I did drive around Painswick as the bus from there is only 1/2 hour to Pates but it doesn't seem like the sort of place I'd want to make children live and it's so expensive. I can see why, as it's beautiful but perhaps good for a visit but not necessarily to live.

Finding somewhere affordable and nice to live that takes about 1/2 hour by bus to Pates is tricky.
Nothing wrong with painswick!
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

I completely agree cheltfan, there's nothing wrong with Painswick at all - or any other areas along the bus routes. It's just impossible to get a feel for anywhere from down here in Bristol so you end up driving around and talking to the locals like a crazed person (I've done that this week :shock: - sorry to anyone who thought me a little mad - hopefully I just came across as friendly!). Obviously I couldn't walk all of the streets in Painswick (or anywhere else for that matter). But I realise my two will be busy with homework/after school clubs, wherever they end up, but it would be nice to know that there were plenty of similar aged children close by who could easily knock on our back door and just drop by without me or their parents constantly using the car.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

I don't think there is another bus on this route. But from Brockworth there are multiple companies running the bus service.
Denwell
Minibus Direct.

I have seen Swanbrook and Marchants as well.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I have to say I think i have heard the bus to Pates is £1200ish from Hucclecote/Brockworth as well. Is it possible to use the Gold Stagecoach bus from Churchdown to GCHQ and walk the rest of the way? £20 a week megarider but you only pay for weeks you need.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

As there is competition they can reduce the price as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now