Crypt School admissions - change of score?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
luludeluxe

Crypt School admissions - change of score?

Post by luludeluxe »

Did Crypt school change their qualifying school this year? The advertised pass mark was 107.5 but I'm hearing those with 109 or less haven't been offered a place. I know its a qualifying score and doesn't guarantee a place. However when I spoke to the school a few months ago they said they had never turned away a child who had passed?
scaredycat

Re: Crypt School admissions - change of score?

Post by scaredycat »

I think it's an indication of Crypt's increasing popularity. I have a Ds in year 9 and can't sing it's praises highly enough. It's a fantastic school and I would highly recommend it.
luludeluxe

Post by luludeluxe »

thanks - I think we've been lucky with a score of 110. Phew! Crypt have already sent us a welcome letter with key dates which I think is great.
twinksy

Post by twinksy »

luludeluxe wrote:Did Crypt school change their qualifying school this year? The advertised pass mark was 107.5 but I'm hearing those with 109 or less haven't been offered a place. I know its a qualifying score and doesn't guarantee a place. However when I spoke to the school a few months ago they said they had never turned away a child who had passed?
I was told they didnt go to qualifying score. They told me the have a history of offering places at allocation or reconsideration point for those with qualifying score. DS got 108.5 and been told by school he is in the next small batch to be offered. Just hope some places are freed up but are preparing our appeal just in case x wish us luck x
luludeluxe

Post by luludeluxe »

I genuinely wish you the very best of luck. It seems such a long and tedious process. I hope you hear positive news very soon.
twinksy

Post by twinksy »

luludeluxe wrote:I genuinely wish you the very best of luck. It seems such a long and tedious process. I hope you hear positive news very soon.
Thank you luludeluxe thats really touched me. School sent academic ability hme today sll we have evidence for our appeal x We are trying to stay positive its hard when your DS is disappointed and head held lower than usual xx
luludeluxe

Post by luludeluxe »

You're welcome. But for one point we would be in the same position. Lots of our friends are borderline and still have a wait to know. Many children at son's school haven't got first choice of school, whether grammar or not.
twinksy

Post by twinksy »

luludeluxe wrote:You're welcome. But for one point we would be in the same position. Lots of our friends are borderline and still have a wait to know. Many children at son's school haven't got first choice of school, whether grammar or not.
Its such a horrible system x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now