Marling uniform??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
steppemum

Re: Marling uniform??

Post by steppemum »

Is it wrong to be hoping he doesn't get put in Elliot house because he is a red head and looks like death warmed up in yellow :D :D
dizzy mum

Post by dizzy mum »

Just to let you know that Batemans is a fantastic shop - helpful staff and the boys always seem to feel at home there. Black trousers can be bought anywhere (Asda, Tesco, M&S) and the same goes for long sleeved white shirts. You can just get a plain black jumper but the official ones are good quality and keep their shape when washed. A lot of the boys play on the field during break so uniform does not stay pristine for long! The blazer, tie and PE kit do need to some from Batemans but we have found the quality is good and very easy to wash. Short sleeved white polo shirts with school emblem are optional for the summer term only. Marling is a fantastic school and I sure your ds will have many happy years there!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Thanks Dizzy
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Another option for white shirts and black trousers is Next directory. We have to get the 100% cotton oxford shirts as DS had funny reaction to the non iron poly/cotton shirts and they are good shirts and not too bad to iron. There is also a good selection of trouser sizes too.
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Hi the second hand uniform is available at the open evening before the boys start school for parents- great prices and good condition for some blazers- wish I'd bought a spare one!

Did buy 1 emblem jumper and Sainsbury's black trousers 2 pairs for £10 and white shirts there too. It is very muddy at Marling so need a good number of pairs of trousers to change into!!

My DS2 is following DS1 there in September!! He'll love it and the blazers last and are easily washed- Batemans' are very helpful and give you a money off coupon at the parents evening too- good luck ***
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

look forward to meeting you and your ds at some point muddywaters.

I am wondering if people let on who they are in real life! I imagine myself at some random parents' event and suddenly discover I am talking to Stroudydad or Capers, and feel the need to bow!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I've often thought similar, but I guess unless you wear an EPE badge or flower nobody has any incling who is who... capers however is a different story. Clocked him at DD's parents evening. No doubt.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Funny isn't it that we talk online and never know who we are in real life :) Stroudydad we should meet at some point with one in each school ...

Getting excited about uniform too - glad to know M&S trousers are OK as we go for the skinkind - cotton - ones due to ds eczema. Shirts I have in all sizes - bought loads of white Trutex fairtrade cotton when they stopped doing them so were selling off cheap ..
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

I realise that I have had all me previous expectations blown apart.

Stroudydad just referred to Capers as a him

I was sure he was a she!!

looking sideways at willow and muddy now, in case they change gender too :D :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Mine are in m&s clothes, good quality adjustable elastic waists... And yes willow I'm sure we will.. Which year are they in?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now