A.D.D child - is Crypt suitable?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

titch

Re: A.D.D child - is Crypt suitable?

Post by titch »

cazien wrote:
A little bit off A.D.D. topic but when we visited both schools a few years ago we asked the question "if a DS is struggling with a subject are their procedures in place to assist his progress". Crypt was very positive, explained all the help that is offered/available. STR was very negative with their response being "we have the crème-de-la-crème" here - no boy struggles"

We got the same response to this question at Pates but I felt comfortable with the replies at Crpyt and STRS last September.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

titch wrote:cazien wrote:
A little bit off A.D.D. topic but when we visited both schools a few years ago we asked the question "if a DS is struggling with a subject are their procedures in place to assist his progress". Crypt was very positive, explained all the help that is offered/available. STR was very negative with their response being "we have the crème-de-la-crème" here - no boy struggles"

We got the same response to this question at Pates but I felt comfortable with the replies at Crpyt and STRS last September.
Thanks both. I can never think of the right way to phrase questions so this is definitely one I will ask when the time comes. Interesting that there appears to have been a change in attitude at Tommies between your two visits - that's really positive. I think schools are definitely becoming more inclusive now which has to be good.
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

I have sent you a message
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I have pm'd you again, and hope you get this one x
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

titch wrote:cazien wrote:

Not ADD, but somewhat related. My boy is yr 8 at Tommies and was struggling a little in English this year. He had six weeks in a focus group to sort things out and the school were helpful and positive. Also the boys seem to have a good work ethic in helping each other out too.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks redvelvet. So glad that your ds is having such a positive time at Tommies and thumbs up to them for identifying an area of his education that he needed a bit more input and then to implement it.

I posted in here a while ago that I wasn't sure if grammar was the right place for him, but with such positive messages from parents about all the grammars, I'm now content that this is definitely where he should be aiming for. Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now