Bus service to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pottscentral

Bus service to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston schools

Post by Pottscentral »

To all who were hoping for the continued bus service to Crypt and Ribston from Tewkesbury…..

Unfortunately, we have had a letter this morning from Bennetts saying from September 2014 they are no longer running the service to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston from Tewkesbury. I'm going to speak to Mr Bennett on Monday to see if any other options are available to us (apart from the Cheltenham route!) and if not, will try some mini bus providers that I had quotes from last year.

If anyone is still interested in a provided school bus service from Tewkesbury to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston please get in touch via tewkesburytransport@gmail.com as soon as possible so I have an idea of numbers, bearing in mind that mini buses will be more costly than that being charged by Bennetts.

Thanks!
mumofa

Re: Bus service to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston schools

Post by mumofa »

I too have just received notice of the withdrawal of Bennetts service(ARGHH!) and
would be very interested in a mini bus option I have emailed you at the address given.
My DD starts at Ribston in September.
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Agggggh :(

I am appealing a place at STR but otherwise will need this too. I can let you know as soon as I know which school he's at (not helpful at all I know sorry).
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

I've just spoken to Mr Bennett about the bus situation in September. He has been very reasonable and understanding and is willing to revisit the possibility of continuing the service dependent on numbers of course.

To assist with the numbers wanting this bus, he has offered to charge a reduced fare of £740 for all those travelling to Crypt, Ribston and St Peters from the Longford Roundabout onwards.

He has also asked all those wanting the service to send in an application and refundable deposit (as detailed on their website) so that he can gauge definite interest. At the very least, please send in an email or letter stating you want this route to continue.

If any of you know anyone from St Peters that use this bus already could you pass on the information to them please?

Again, I'm trying to collate all the information via tewkesburytransport@gmail.com so please get in touch if you haven't already.

Thanks!
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

Update on Bennetts coaches continuing the SPH8 service from Tewkesbury -

I've had a letter today from Bennetts saying the following:

'Having liaised with a number of parents over the last week or so regarding this service finishing, I am happy to consider re-instating the SPH8 service from Tewkesbury into St Peters, The Crypt and Ribston Hall High Schools, subject to demand.
If you wish to use this service from September 2014, please submit your full application by Friday 16th May when a final decision will be made. This decision will be taken dependent upon the numbers of applications received. Application packs are available to download from our website
www. bennettscoaches.co.uk

If you have already returned your application form, we will retain these until a final decision is made. If you wish the service to continue, please publicise the service amongst parents in Tewkesbury as much as possible.'
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now