train station to STR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sam77

train station to STR

Post by Sam77 »

Hi all ,Slightly off the topic but how can DS get from Glou train station to STR everyday. I have heard that there is Prepaid taxi system or bus but not sure. Any advise from people with experience or knowledge about this would be appreciated.
Also any one travelling from Chepstow to get to GS in gloucester?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Sam77 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC17C

Re: 2013 Results

Post by DC17C »

Sam77 wrote:Hi all ,Slightly off the topic but how can DS get from Glou train station to STR everyday. I have heard that there is Prepaid taxi system or bus but not sure. Any advise from people with experience or knowledge about this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Hi -This thread is purely for results you need to ask on the discussion thread :wink:

I've moved this to a new thread - Moderator

Ahhha the mods help out :D
Gladysova

Re: train station to STR

Post by Gladysova »

Hi we are hoping STR and have done a dummy run on train - taxi was 6.20 each way taxi firm said they would do a deal for regular school runs but didn't give a figure- bus was 1.30 each way but not a nice road to cross to get from train to bus - keep posted as a taxi share could work?
Mum66

Post by Mum66 »

I've seen STR boys catching the 94 bus from Glos Bus Station - it runs every 15 mins I think. That will drop you within a few minutes walk of STR. Hope this helps.
Sam77

Post by Sam77 »

Thansk for the responses. Can I ask where is your DC travelling from .Ours will be from chepstow and train arrives in Glous at 7.55 and later one at 8.22. Not sure which would be best. I suppose taxi is better than bus ,hopefully taxi share can be worked out as there shoudl be quite a few children travelling.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Sam77 wrote:Thansk for the responses. Can I ask where is your DC travelling from .Ours will be from chepstow and train arrives in Glous at 7.55 and later one at 8.22. Not sure which would be best. I suppose taxi is better than bus ,hopefully taxi share can be worked out as there shoudl be quite a few children travelling.
Registration is at 840 and I think it would be cutting it fine to arrive at the station at 822, knowing what traffic is like at that time. And that also assumes the train will always be on time. Most boys get to school much earlier as they come on buses which tend to arrive at about 815.
Sam77

Post by Sam77 »

Thanks Amber, I was thinking the same due to traffic,it would be easier if he reached before 8.Do you also know if they have many activities after school.Thanks a lot once again.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Sam77 wrote:Thanks Amber, I was thinking the same due to traffic,it would be easier if he reached before 8.Do you also know if they have many activities after school.Thanks a lot once again.
Well I think those who are into rugby do that after school, and there are some other clubs too. This would however make it a very long day for your young chap, wouldn't it? Looks like that first train leaves Chepstow at 716, getting in at 744. Ouch.
Gladysova

Post by Gladysova »

We are Chepstow - trains leaving at 7.16 or 7.49 but the latter arrives 8.20 - can a taxi get to STR in time for registration?
Sam77

Post by Sam77 »

hi
I did ask the driver he said it can take any where between 15 - 20 minutes but I am sure if they can have a driver waiting for them then it may be OK. Perhaps need to do it once or twice in term time. I went in my own car and it took about 12 minutes at 3.45 when school had finished .The assembly is at 8.40 .
That is quite nice to know that there is some one he could go together with. Thanks a lot. I will PM you my number as well so we can stay comnnected.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now