Help with non verbal reasoning please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Help with non verbal reasoning please

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Hi. We were having a look at Non Verbal Reasoning at the weekend and we were working from this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Non-verbal-Reas ... 1904257402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, we're both more confused than when we started, especially with rotation and inverse.

I've had a look at the NVR section of this website and downloaded some free papers, but I'm interested in what actually worked for you. Can anyone suggest a really good, simple book/website and/or some useful techniques.

Many thanks.
RedVelvet

Re: Help with non verbal reasoning please

Post by RedVelvet »

We have the cpg books.

https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Parent/books ... ook_NHRDE1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

I agree, I thought Non VR would be the easy bit but some of it is really tough ! This is a definite one for practice I think. All the books are good I think it just comes down to practice. The bond books are good and the CGP books off amazon. Start with the lower age group and work up.
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Fab, thanks both. I had looked at the CPG book but wasn't sure, so I'll definitely get that one; there's nothing like a personal recommendation.

Sounds obvious Sunshine, but that is actually a very good idea.

It's weird but ages ago when we first started out with NVR, he was actually pretty good, but he has gradually become more confused as we've gone along. It may be the layout of the current book (which I don't like) or just that he has plateaued at his current level. Hope not!!!!