Registration Opens - Let the games begin !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Re: Registration Opens - Let the games begin !

Post by stroudydad »

capers123 wrote:
Sunshine 11 wrote:Fab advice, I think I will opt either for a taxi there and then have a wander into Stroud or get hubbie to drop me off. It will be too stressful trying to park I think. :roll:
For Stroud, I'd suggest you drive to car parks at either Stroud Station or behind the Chinese Restaurant at Cainscross, then walk your child up Cainscross Road to the schools. I know from bitter experience (not going to the schools) that it can take over 30 mins to drive along Cainscross Road on 11+ day drop-off time. My suggestion gives your child a little de-stressing exercise and fresh air before the test. And allow plenty of time!

Or park at Stratford park / tesco and go over the new bridge.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Or park at Stratford park / tesco and go over the new bridge.
Newly decorated new bridge, please! Artwork provided by Archway, Marling & Stroud High pupils.
Capers
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Ribston has quite a large carpark, which wraps around the buildings. When there is a large event, they put ramps down so that there is overflow parking on the fields. They also have a steward to marshal parking. There are two entrances; one from the main Stroud Road entrance and another from Calton Road around the back. May be worth emailing/ringing to see if this is going to be the case. If I'm honest I would say that the school isn't always 100% good at organisation, but parking is one of their stronger points. Not to mention it being a fab school that my dd loves going to. :D .
chumba

Post by chumba »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Ribston has quite a large carpark, which wraps around the buildings. When there is a large event, they put ramps down so that there is overflow parking on the fields. They also have a steward to marshal parking. There are two entrances; one from the main Stroud Road entrance and another from Calton Road around the back. May be worth emailing/ringing to see if this is going to be the case. If I'm honest I would say that the school isn't always 100% good at organisation, but parking is one of their stronger points. Not to mention it being a fab school that my dd loves going to. :D .
Thank you for this info. Due to go to their open morning in a few weeks, will ask then. It was my DDs favourite when we visited last year, attracted by the dance studio, trampoline and science labs. She was also rather impressed by the girls showing us round!