Just over a week, checklist for the day !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stroudydad

Re: Just over a week, checklist for the day !

Post by stroudydad »

Anyone sitting in stroud, please be aware the road gets very busy that day, it may be worth considering to park a bit away and walk. :-)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DS says he's coming down with something and he is looking a bit pale. Aargh. I wanna scream. I know there's the fall back date but it's not the same is it. When DS gets a bug he does a proper job of it.......and he's taken to being fussy over fruit. That may be an assertion of year 6 independence but I could do without it right now. am going to dose him on vitamins and keep everything crossed.

Anyone else's DCs feeling the pressure physically?

I had to give him cuddles at bedtime and discuss the difference between GSs and Comps and all sorts of questions last night. Seemed to go to sleep calmly but I hadn't even really thought there was a chance of illness. I was just trying to minimise mental stress. I think I might cry

My heart goes out to those who forgot to register. I hope they find a way out.

Anyway, in case I am not up to comms by next week cos I'm weeping in a corner, Good Luck to all you lovely people and your DCs. You have been incredibly supportive and I have been grateful for that along the way. It's made me better able to retain my sanity ( questionable at times!)
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Stay strong Kismet - I'm trying to as well!

8 days is a long time to recover - sure he will be fine. Could be the incentive of just getting in there and getting it over with will help. Perhaps try fruit smoothies or make them into lollies to get some extra vitamin c. May do him good to have a total rest from work for a little while just to recharge his batteries.

Hope he gets well soon.
x
cazien

Post by cazien »

I agree with comments about parking - leave plenty of time so if you have park a little further away you have time to walk.

One point for those at HSFG, I think Gloucester RFC are playing at home that day, not sure what time pick up is but take care coming out of HSFG because the fans start to arrive at 11.00ish (esp. on big rugby games) and they park all around the Denmark Road area.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Thanks S.Moi, might try the lollies and smoothies route. Appreciate the kind words. Hope you are keeping your pecker up too. I know your DS is one of the youngest. Mine is quite diddy and I even think about daft things like will the desk be too high to be comfortable...things I can do nothing about.....
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

DD got her time of the month today and is recovering from a bad cold, still at least it's this week not next. She is very chilled about it all, I am not pressurising her to do homework, she has a couple of tutor sessions left and we will go over her vocab, but at this stage I think doing lots of papers will just stress her out. She has been trying to get early nights and we are keeping next week quiet on the playdate front.

I think we need to just sit back, be relieved we registered, get their kits ready for the day and transport and let them enjoy the build up next week. I have heard some children are missing school to do loads of practice but this seems madness. Y6 is such a special year and the beginning is very special too.

Good luck to everyone, and I'm sure we'll all be blogging to share our experiences after. It is a special time that they will all remember and share with their peers whatever the outcome. So lets make it a week of relaxation and enjoyment for them. x
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DD came home with the CAF registration form today, it had all of the dates of when to apply which is also not far away. On the back it had all of the details of the GS registration, exam date, results date (Monday 13th October) and about registering for a late test by contacting the schools direct. For those who haven't registered to get that letter will scare them if they read it fully.
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Re Stroudydads comments about parking in Stroud be aware that some utility company has installed traffic lights at Cainscross roundabout and there is single lane traffic between Sainsburys and Cainscross so peak hours traffic is even worse than usual. No idea how long this work is scheduled to continue.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Alice in Underland wrote:Re Stroudydads comments about parking in Stroud be aware that some utility company has installed traffic lights at Cainscross roundabout and there is single lane traffic between Sainsburys and Cainscross so peak hours traffic is even worse than usual. No idea how long this work is scheduled to continue.
It may not apply at weekends - the cones were all stacked away Saturday & yesterday, and the lights were off. However, I would always recommend leaving loads of extra time to allow for such occurances.

I suggest parking in Stroud Cheapside (southern side of Railway station) or in one of the Merrywalks car parks if you're coming from Nailsworth or Cheltenham directions or from the east of Stroud. From the west, there is a free car park just west of the Cainscross roundabout - up the side of the Fortune chip shop. From the north, you may wish to consider Stratford Park Leisure Centre car park and walk over the new railway foot-bridge to the school. All are about 10 mins walk from the school - a little leg-stretching may be a good thing before a long exam.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now