Good luck tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kismet

Re: Good luck tomorrow

Post by Kismet »

Wow. We all made it this far. DS is already saying he will 'sort of' miss his tutor. I think at the mo we all feel surprisingly calm. It's probably the fact that there's nothing more to be done other than trust in fate, so we just make sure the practical stuff's covered. I'm currently washing his comfiest shorts as he decided to wear them again yesterday (I should have set them aside after the last wash). I'm going it get him to take a light jumper too in case it's cold in the hall. I had planned to give him a smoothie for a boost but tutor pointed out that if they have to leave the test for the toilet they may not be allowed to make up the time. Little sips of water and maybe some juicy sweets for the break with his snack? I'm still not sure but tomorrow lunchtime I won't care anymore.

So I'm hoping we see many of you at our first info meeting in year 7, since we are all going for so many different schools.

Forever the optimist, but also a realist, I'm reassured by a friend who has two DCs. The one at local comp has done better academically than the one at GS, because of the need to strive harder at comp. hopefully there is a place where my DS needs to be and that'll be the place he falls into.

Good Luck to you all. See you on the other side
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

SM is correct, you can take nothing from what they say, Ds1 came out saying he'd missed lots of questions, but his friend had answered them all, Ds passed very well (so he couldn't have missed that many) and friend didn't. Last year DD said she'd done really well and had...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MountainDweller wrote:Good luck to all the children taking the test tomorrow. My 31st August boy also seems so young at the moment....he seems to have got more immature since becoming 10!

I cannot wait for this to be over! I'm definitely swaying towards to 'it'll take a miracle for him not to zone out/panic/instantly think he can't do it' camp now so feeling OK about it (I'm more concerned on getting to the test in the morning, and not forgetting that blooming form and sticker!)

I'll be the one with the bonfire on the Marling cricket pitch...feel free to bring all your 11+ publications for me to burn (I may regret that though in 2 years time when it's DS2's turn!)

I'm a bit concerned now. We are sitting at Pates. Did anyone at Pates get a sticker?

Also, that immaturity at 10 question......my DS and his mates have taken to watching milkshake again. DS happily admits to me that he's a bit scared of growing up do whilst he's mature in public he needs that bit more comfort at home
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

I'm a bit concerned now. We are sitting at Pates. Did anyone at Pates get a sticker?

We are at Pate's and we didn't get a sticker. Just the email with the colour code and room and the ID form and photo.

Good luck everyone!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Thanks TK. Have fun tomorrow
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

I wouldn't worry about the sticker. It's just something to go on their jumper so they can be sorted/sent to the right room (also handy to assist DS in not forgetting his own name!)
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

stroudydad wrote:
Sunshine 11 wrote:Best of luck for tomorrow everyone. The odds look quite good 300 sitting at SHS for example and 128 places. For Marling 230 sitting for 120 places. Pretty good odds !

I am looking forward to hearing of everyone's experiences but remember not to post and test contents as there are quite a few children sitting in March and I am unsure if they'll use the same paper.

Good luck !

128?? Isn't their PAN 120 also?

I would like to add my best wishes to everyone at this horrible time, and in the worst possible year..
Stroudy dad as published in stroud news and journal and stroud life article :D
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

They don't need stickers for Pates as they have allocated colours and rooms and you also have to take a copy of the email along with the form this year.DD and her friends have been discussing which rooms they will be in and she is in the room the Scouts/outdoor Ed meet in which is apparently a bit smelly and grubby but she is with some of her classmates.

I returned my CAF yesterday after I find out we have 5 schools to put on the form, so I thought as we will only get a ranking I will put all of our GS choices as we only really have 1 comp we like and one absolutely mad comp choice to fill the form. I can change it at a later date if necessary.
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

MedievalBabe wrote:They don't need stickers for Pates as they have allocated colours and rooms and you also have to take a copy of the email along with the form this year.DD and her friends have been discussing which rooms they will be in and she is in the room the Scouts/outdoor Ed meet in which is apparently a bit smelly and grubby but she is with some of her classmates.

I returned my CAF yesterday after I find out we have 5 schools to put on the form, so I thought as we will only get a ranking I will put all of our GS choices as we only really have 1 comp we like and one absolutely mad comp choice to fill the form. I can change it at a later date if necessary.

I haven't even looks at the CAF....I can't believe I need to put 5 schools on the form! Yikes! Best I get my thinking cap on.....
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Good luck to all your DC :)