Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stroud minibus to STRS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:21 am 

At the moment my DS is lucky enough to get a lift to STRS, but from Easter we are going to have to find alternative transport. I'm looking into the service run by minibus direct from Stroud to STRS. It seems incredibly expensive. Does anyone have experience with using this company? Are they reliable and is it worth the cost? As we live in Cranham I could drive my son to Brockworth for the number 10 bus and it would be a fraction of the cost, so am trying to weigh convenience versus cost.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 am 

We use it from Stroud to Pate's. I believe the Cirencester bus meets the Stroud bus at Brockworth and the pupils swap buses depending upon which school they are travelling onto - Pate's or Tommies. It is expensive, but the service is reliable and efficient. I think everyone pays the same, so you get better value the further away you live!

We pay by monthly direct debit, so the cost is spread over 12 months. We also have no other option - there isn't a public bus that runs from Stroud to Cheltenham at the right time.