Results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

California_Kate

Re: Results 2014

Post by California_Kate »

Big congratulations to everyone who got the results they wanted :)

We are in the same boat as Nervousmum—didn't get a qualifying score for any of the four schools we shared results with. We're a bit sad but it's obviously not the end of the world. The letters from the schools were very clear though—"No test scores are to be released"—so it does make the question of deciding to appeal or not a bit tricky. I think we'll put that aside for now and just enjoy the weekend.

Have a good one everybody.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Maybe deciding to appeal should be based on your DC's academic performance at school and not what they scored in a one day test so best not to let it bias your decision on what to do.

We were given a breakdown of our DSs scores so knew he had scored well in the NR and NVR but scored much lower in the VR. This is useful if your DC has a specific learning difficulty.
11nonplussed

Post by 11nonplussed »

Big hugs to all those sharing who's children did not receive a placing. DD didn't pass for any schools. disappointed that we will never know 'how close' -or not but hugely proud of my DDs courage to try and feel the same for all DC out there. I know from experience that there is life after the 11plus :) Happy weekend all :)
CrossCountryMum

Post by CrossCountryMum »

DS didn't pass for Pate's and wasn't in the top 120 for any of the others but seems he could get a place for Crypt or Marling and maybe for STR. Will be going to the open days / evenings this week but will probably go with Crypt for no. 1 on our application as it is our local school.
sarajtb

Post by sarajtb »

DD has top 120 at HSFG , SHS and top 114 at Ribston. She is ranked 134 for Pates. Any idea on Pates movement?
Flash

Post by Flash »

sarajtb wrote:DD has top 120 at HSFG , SHS and top 114 at Ribston. She is ranked 134 for Pates. Any idea on Pates movement?
Pates went to 143 last year :D
chumba

Post by chumba »

Eventually got Pate's result, and fortunately have got top 120. Totally amazed but pleased as it is our closest grammar. Thanks everyone on this forum for the advice and support.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

What brave children they all are at such a tender age. Whether or not they get to GS, that attitude and the support of their parents will take them far.
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

No quals for us either, quite relieved as she was going off the idea of an all girls school. Luckily as a low birth year in the county she should be able to get the non catchment school she loves, and then my DS will have that lovely sibling fall back in case he doesn't qual in 2 years time when the birth rate is high. So, in the end I think it worked out for the best. Have a good weekend, and congrats to all, who qualified or not :D
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

I would also like to thank you all for getting me through the past 4 years with DS1, DS2 and DS3- really appreciated the tips, talk and banter. Good luck to all our children starting their new schools next September whether Grammar school or one of our very good Secondary Schools in the area!!

Thanks for sharing- couldn't have done it without you all!! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now