Anyone from Swindon to Stroud high school????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nunnamalai

Anyone from Swindon to Stroud high school????

Post by nunnamalai »

Hi All,

I just want to know anyone travelling from Swindon to Stroud high school and mode of transport?

Thanks
steppemum

Re: Anyone from Swindon to Stroud high school????

Post by steppemum »

Hi,
ds travels from Swindon to Marling. The easiest way is by train. There is a group of them from Marling and SHS that go on the train, then more get on at Kemble and they all walk up the hill together.

It is actually a very good way to travel. 30 mins on the train and a walk to wake them up/fresh air. Better than long bus journey.
One of the advantages is that if they do want/need to stay at school, then they can just get the next train home, so it makes clubs/matches etc very easy.

There is also a minibus as I understand it from the Orbital Centre, but that may be to Chelt/Glos?
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

morning train is 7:50
return train 3:50
adennis

Post by adennis »

nunnamalai wrote:Hi All,

I just want to know anyone travelling from Swindon to Stroud high school and mode of transport?

Thanks
Denwell Coach are looking at providing a bus service from Swindon into Stroud. advert removed
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

the denwell coach service looks like it is going to go swindon, cricklade, ashton keynes, then 2 other places then Stroud, which is quite a long way round, no details of cost, time, or pick up places yet.

If you are interested, I can send you the contact details.
adennis

Post by adennis »

Thanks
Denwell are operating a service from Swindon to Stroud schools.

I hope this helps
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Adennis, the route is still planned/proposed, not yet finalised. there are no details on cost, timing, pick up places etc. The proposed route seems to go through Cricklade, Ashton Keynes and some other places, which make it a pretty long journey from Swindon
adennis

Post by adennis »

Thanks

There is a large group using Denwell
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Hi adennis,
the last email we had from denwell (mon this week) was that they are close to finalizing this service, and would let us have the details when it was finalised.

I know that there has been a route from Swindon to Chelt/Glos, but wasn't aware of an existing one from Swindon. We would be very interested to hear if the service has already started, and if so what the details are?

Thanks