Tewkesbury to Ribston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Iona

Tewkesbury to Ribston

Post by Iona »

I wondered if there were any others on here who will be travelling on the bus from Tewkesbury to Ribston next September. We have just been to have our first look at Ribston and DD has a really good feeling about it. She came out smiling - always a good sign.

I know the school will send out more information, but her only slight worry is not having anyone in her year on the school bus. I understand the bus she will travel on is the same one that goes to the other grammars, so I know she will know some boys on there. I also wondered if the bus is full and whether there is then a waiting list? Any information gratefully received. :D
mumofa

Re: Tewkesbury to Ribston

Post by mumofa »

Hi,
We are in Tewkesbury,my DD is year 7 at Ribston.There was a bus service provided by Bennett's last year but this was cancelled leaving us parents here in Tewkesbury with the prospect of driving to and from Gloucester daily(not something I particularly wanted or was able to do!)
Fortunately one of the other parents was fantastic and organised a private minibus service,shared with boys from Crypt,which we were lucky enough to get a place upon.
I will PM you the contact details for the minibus company,there may be the possibility of more spaces if there is enough interest.
I won't be able to PM you those details until back from work tomorrow afternoon.☺

I have PM'd you the details hope you have got them as it's the first time I have done that! ☺
Iona

Post by Iona »

DD has had her formal offer for Ribston, so am looking into the minibus option. I also saw there is a bus from Bishops Cleeve, although not ideal, as still have to drive there.

If anyone else is looking into transport from Tewkesbury to Ribston and may be interested in lift sharing, please let me know. I know there is a public bus service too and that may have to be the avenue we go down for the time being, if all else fails! Not ideal, as I think she will have to change buses at the main bus station, but doable in the short term, at least.
Riverfifty

Post by Riverfifty »

The bus to Ribston/Crypt is currently full but Julian says if he can find enough children from the Tewkesbury area he might be able to put on another bus.
Contact
juliansminibuses@hotmail.co.uk
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now