Offers date?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DebsB

Re: Offers date?

Post by DebsB »

cazien wrote:I received my twin DS's school allocation on March 3 2012 at 07:36 and 07:54 - so think twice about staying up or you could be in for a VERY long wait.
That must have been an unbearably long 18 minutes between the one twin's offer and the other twin's!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

In those early days when the results came in we, in our minds, believed that Pates was the bees knees. The exults came in and DS was fortunate enough to qualify in the top 108 for Tommies. In that state of mind we were thrilled that he would go to Tommies but still put down Pates as a complete pie in the sky number 1 choice. I know there is no chance that he will get his no 1 choice but I feel a sense of dread now when I think what if he did. The more I've researched Tommies and got used to the idea the more I believe it's the place for him. As an aside, our school sent a few boys to Crypt last year, some on appeal and all are really thriving. Yay. Crypt sounds like it pays attention to each individual child and supports them in the way they need, academically. Haven't heard about the pastoral side much.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Kismet my DS is at Tommies and absolutely loves it.

We contemplated putting Pates down as number one choice for DD but knowing she was one the top 120 for HSFG we changed our minds and stuck with HSFG, especially after a second visit making us sure that it was the place for her. But until the email arrives and confirms it all, there is always that seed of doubt that she won't get it.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Kismet, what was his Pates rank?

If you're sure you want STRS you can probably get it on reconsideration or waiting list or something, even if he does get a Pates place, because anybody qualifying for Pates is going to have a high enough score to go onto the STRS list for reconsideration etc at a really high position.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

LOL DebsB. He didn't qualify for Pates, hence pie-in-the-sky no 1. I think he was 190 for Pates so not too far but not so near either. He has no chance. I'm just being daft....as I'm want to do on occasion. There's no reason to suppose he wouldn't get STRS. HEE HEE. NOW I FEEL SILLY. We are in a lucky position. I need to think instead of my peers and keep fingers crossed for anyone out there waiting.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

I know how you feel. We are within the PAN for HSFG, but I keep wanting to check that the website does really say that we submitted on time all right, with HSFG in first place, and that the email really does say that she's in the top 120.

There's a post somewhere on this site some time a year or two back where somebody in Birmingham or Warwickshire or somewhere didn't get a GS place, despite a qualifying score, because some minion at the council hadn't dealt with their form correctly. Very scary. But it was all sorted out v quickly. They were advised to go on the waiting list and told that if they didn't get a waiting list place they would certainly get one at appeal, but in fact they didn't need to appeal because they got a waiting list or reconsideration place or something along those lines, within a day or two of when they should have got their proper offer.

Hope your son has a great time at STRS when he goes there!
cewgirl

Post by cewgirl »

Thanks everyone. A little nervous now! You never know if or when an administrative error may have occured!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now