Good Luck everybody!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

[quote="mum3"] Luckily in Glos we DO have very good comprehensives and actually some of the children come out with better results at GCSEs than those at the grammar schools.

Yes we do have some very good comprehensives-however it does all
d depend on where you live.For example we live in the Gloucester City catchment and without mentioning specific schools,the choice is not ideal!! If we had had the choice of one of the better comps then we would not have even gone down the grammar school route,as I am a firm believer that you can achieve just as much in a good comp as a grammar school.
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Yes I agree with Gloucester mum. Really does depend on where you live. We too were out of catchment for good comp. but many people do get the option of a very good comp. Lots of luck for your son, Glos mum. Am sure he will be fine and you will be very relieved when sat is over. At least you get the results a bit earlier this year, although this years arrangement still sounds a bit complicated to me, obviously ok if you score very highly but a bit nerve wracking still if you are middling.
masterlee

good luck everyone

Post by masterlee »

I love this site, I love this forum. I do get a lot valuable information from all the kind people here. Good luck every one.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

mum3 wrote:...actually some of the children come out with better results at GCSEs than those at the grammar schools, but A levels...now they really sort the men from the boys.......
Over in Stroud, the 2 grammars, Archway Comp & Stroud College have a joint 6th form consortium, so pupils at one school can take an A level at one of the others should it not be available where they are.
Capers
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Any else out there feeling slightly sick with nerves tonight? Parents I mean, not kids! DD is chilling in front of the TV while I am busy setting an extra alarm clock for the morning in case we oversleep!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I feel slightly nauseous!!
I overslept this morning for the 1st time in about 5 years-I have phone calls scheduled for the morning in case it happens again! Ds has done 2 papers this week,both 90%,he is feeling confident so thats all that matters!
Will post with any feedback tomorrow,
Best of luck,
Glosmum.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

To gloucestermum, Stroud Mum, metalikaf and a11 whose children are sitting the tests tomorrow...

hope it a11 goes very we11.
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Gloucestermum 90% sounds pretty good to me. Am sure will be fine in test tomorrow and you will get your place at Tommies. Don't worry if comes out and says he guessed some, so did my son and still got place at Pates!
metalikaf

Post by metalikaf »

I am feeling strangely calm and collected.It really is out of our control now.
When they disappear through the school door we just have to trust in them to apply themselves and focus on the task in hand.

I had a real scare on Wednesday this week.
DD landed badly at gym and hurt her hand.
Thought she'd broken her fingers,but thankfully after a three hour wait in A&E yesterday morning we found out it was just a ligament strain.
Even more thankfully it was her left hand,as she is right handed.
I think i have used up all my excess stress this week worrying about her health and well-being.

The only thing that worries me now is not waking up on time,so I will be setting all mobile clocks as well as the alarm.

Don't forget to return your practise paper packs and take your room number if you are taking the test at Pates.
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Likewise, DD broke her specs at School yesterday - perhaps it is good to get all the bad luck out the way beforehand! She was really positive this morning and I am wondering if she shouldn't have been more nervous. Can't win can you? Countdown until 12 o'clock now.....trying to convey positive vibes by telepathy!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now