Ribston Open Days.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazien

Ribston Open Days.

Post by cazien »

DH, DD and myself had an enjoyable tour of Ribston this morning. The Head gave a short talk which included reference to the test - but nothing new was revealed except the increase in numbers for each GS. They had the new uniform on display in reception - new tailored blazer looked very smart, but not sure on the new blouse...mmmmm - thought it looked more orange and white striped than the description of gold and white!

But overall - was impressed (and so was DD!).
DC17C

Re: Ribston Open Days.

Post by DC17C »

cazien wrote:DH, DD and myself had an enjoyable tour of Ribston this morning. The Head gave a short talk which included reference to the test - but nothing new was revealed except the increase in numbers for each GS. They had the new uniform on display in reception - new tailored blazer looked very smart, but not sure on the new blouse...mmmmm - thought it looked more orange and white striped than the description of gold and white!

But overall - was impressed (and so was DD!).
Hmmmm dd is not too keen on the stripey blouse - hoping she can keep her yellow blouses going for another 2.5 years :) Glad you had a good time though
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Glad you enjoyed it Cazien. Same as you DC, dd hates the new blouse and describes it as browney, yuckey stripe. We will be eaking out the yellow blouse for as long as possible too! There was talk of the non-roll up skirt but this hasn't transpired and the only change with the jumper appears to be that it won't have the logo any more; not sure why they have done that as when their blazers are off (during the summer) there is nothing to identify the school. The blazer would appear to be a hit though.This is a shame I think as it was an ideal time to be a bit more adventurous.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Ribston did say their blouse was the same as St Edwards in Cheltenham (available from School Togs, 208 High Street, Chelt) so if you do need to buy a new blouse you could see if they are the same!!! :lol:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Hadn't noticed St Ed's blouses were plain yellow; I've just looked at Schooltogs and they are the same as Ribston - I could have sworn they had something different. I'd love to see the new blouses to see if they are as bad as dd is making out. I'm sure they aren't!
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Does anybody have any photos of the new/current uniform? I looked on the school website and everything is the plain yellow blouses. The striped ones are listed on Trutex but, along with the fitted blazer there is no photo of them.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

If my daughter's comments are anything to go by, I think they are just hoping everyone will forget about the blouses and they may just go away :lol:
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Oh dear :lol:

I thought perhaps I had imagined reading about striped blouses as previously all I could see listed were the yellow ones but the striped ones are on there now and the yellow ones don't come up under Ribston uniform - although they are still listed.

I don't like the uniform so I was hoping the striped blouses might be an improvement, but it sounds like maybe not!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I think we've just got used to the blouses now - yes a bit orange to begin with but in the great scheme of things there are so many other things dd and I like about the school that she can tolerate the blouses.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now