Results Week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CKMum

Results Week!

Post by CKMum »

Haven't given this much thought since test day, but now DS has remembered the results come out in a few days - so back on the radar. Feeling a little apprehensive, but at least we will know what we are facing soon!

I know results are 'sent to parents by 9th October' but does this mean am, pm or just before midnight on the 9th! Does anyone know or have a clearer idea of timing so I can keep an eye out? I remember when my DD took it 2 years ago, the schools we shared results with emailed us separately - I assume the same system works so we hear from the schools we share results with. Or is it different under the new 11+ system?

Hope you all stay calm as the results day ticks ever closer :D
Bob1892

Re: Results Week!

Post by Bob1892 »

Hope Glos don't mind me chipping in their forum but I noticed that you're getting your results on the 9th. I believe dc did the cem test on 12th sept - same as brum cem test. I'm not sure how many took the glos test but I can't see why brum are taking a week longer to post results- on the 16th. Surely it doesn't take an extra week to prepare the results- they're computer marked by cem after all.
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Hi Bob1892

No idea why it would be different. I am taking the date from the link below (table near bottom of page). I am not aware if that is correct - or if we too will have to wait until the 16th... Hope not! I am fairly sure that everything I have had from the schools has said the 9th. I have a friend whose DD took the Brum test and expected her to get the results this week too.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... re-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else have any ideas on the different results date? Which is right - or are they both right for the respective LEA's?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Aaaaah, brings it all back. Last year we had DSs results by email on the Friday specified. Crypt came in at 15.36hrs, Pates at 3.54 and Tommies at 16.05. Yes, I have kept the emails for nostalgias sake!
Tiomanisland

Post by Tiomanisland »

We too kept the emails. A very bizarre and quite scary 17 mins.
Crypt 3.47pm
Marling 3.49pm
Pates 4.05pm
Tommies 4.09pm

Can't believe we are doing it all over again this years for our second DC. :lol:
dams

Post by dams »

I think the Gloucs CEM test is same as the Brums as it was on the same day. It was mentioned somewhere on this forum that around 2100 children have taken the Gloucs test this year...
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Seen other details from schools that say results by Monday 12th Oct - so really no idea what date time etc etc!

Maybe this is the part of the 11+ tests that parents have to take - it's all a cunning ploy... :lol:
dams

Post by dams »

The Gloucestershire council website says 'Results will be sent over the weekend to arrive by Monday 12 October 2015 at the latest informing you if your child has reached the required standard for entry into the schools/academies.'

Therefore the e-mails should arrive sometime over the weekend, hopefully on Friday evening.. Fingers crossed :-)
Tiomanisland

Post by Tiomanisland »

Last year it was Friday afternoon then we got some post from one of our 4 schools on the Saturday just confirming the result etc. All DS's friends got all their results then too. So you've possibly only got about 4 days and 3 hours to wait!!!
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Hope that is the case :D