Results are in

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Re: Results are in

Post by Tolstoy »

Try searching as think this may have come up before. Capers might know. I have a feeling they can get considered in the re-shuffle after March the 1st. i.e treated as a late sitter.
warden

Post by warden »

Tolstoy wrote:Try searching as think this may have come up before. Capers might know. I have a feeling they can get considered in the re-shuffle after March the 1st. i.e treated as a late sitter.
Thanks Tolstoy - I will have a look around the site and see what I can unearth etc. In the meantime I have suggested they ring Pates to try and ascertain how far outside the cut off they were - might be they would not have qualified anyway.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

They used to give scores for the unqualifieds. Has that changed then?
warden

Post by warden »

I don't know what they did in the past, but this year Pates simply stated your child did not achieve the standard required and they qualified the top 200 out of the 1000 who shared with Pates - with no other details as to where you may have ranked or the score you achieved.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=38801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this one. Think it was around page 3 that Capers tells someone what to do. Tried to copy and paste Capers response but failed, cursed Ipad :roll:

Hope it helps. :)
warden

Post by warden »

Thanks Tolstoy. Will pass this on - seems sensible to explain the situation to the other schools - and then make a judgement call as to whether to select one on the CAF and then possibly appeal if necessary.

Thanks for all the advice - as ever.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

No worries, now you can relax and celebrate your DDs joyious news. Congrats to you both :)
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Congratulations all. We heard lots of good news from friends yesterday. DD is just outside the PAN for Ribston so we are thrilled as I think she'll be fine for a place.

As she is our third and final child to go through this I am so pleased we are done with 11+. I'm very grateful for all the help and advice here, it's made a real difference.
Viccks

Post by Viccks »

Hello All,

We were thrilled to get an email yesterday from SHS to say that DD is within the top 150. We then received an email to say she wasn't in the top 200 for Pates.

I was wondering how you find out their ranking?

We are both over the moon, especially as she chose not to have any tutoring and insisted on practicing without help. :D
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

I don't think any school give you the ranking if you are in their PAN. It stops the "what rank did you get?" Questions that kids seem so fond of in the first few days at school.
I also think it stops the ones at the bottom of the PAN (e.g. Number 149) thinking that all the others there are cleverer than they are. In most cases they all level out and will all have their strengths and weaknesses.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now