RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
What a process

Post by What a process »

Ribston?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glos Mum wrote: I think each School should have included a rank.
I think the reason that some of the schools don't give a score if in the top (say) 120 is what my cousins child experienced in Kent...

The children who passed were emailing their scores to each other, and in some cases emailing copies of the letter to prove the score - as they were playing 'oneupmanship'... "I got a better score than you - I'm cleverer'.

OK, it's nice for US to know, but not necessary for the children to know - but how many parents are going to keep it to themselves?

It was noticeable that some parents were happier than others in the playground this afternoon! Only one year till it's my family part one.

Well done, commiserations, etc
Capers
cheldad

Post by cheldad »

235 Pates got place at Stroud High for Girls

Post by Guest »

so....

Stroud high - above 216
Denmark rd - above 222
Crypt - above 215
Pates - above 240
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Don't forget, being in the top 120 at Stroud High does not mean your child has a place... Should 120 children who passed for Pates decide to put Stroud High as 1st choice as it's their closest school, a lot in the current 120 at Stroud High will not get a place. OK, it's unlikely, but possible.

Killjoy or realist? Moi?
Capers
cheldad

Post by cheldad »

not true as you now can't select stroud high as forms are in for Grammar and out of those that selected stroud high she is in top120
sem

Post by sem »

My daughter sat the test at Denmark.
Letter this morning stated she did not score high enough to qualify for admission.
Letter from Ribston states that she met the required standard entry.

My friend's daughter sat the test at Ribston and registered with Denmark and Stroud High as well.
She was given a score from Stroud High as 226 and was told she had required entry to Ribston and Stroud but not Denmark.

I'm phoning Ribston next Tuesday to find out score, just out of interest.

It would have been far easier for schools to put marks on the letters today!

Post by Guest »

Capers I can't see how what you say is true; say a child sat for Stroud High and also wanted that score to be considered by Pates. Stroud High look at the scores for all the girls who sat for the High School, regardless of whether or not that is their first choice. So if you rank 100 for the High School, but your score wasn't high enough for Pates and you then decide to put Stroud High as first choice you are still ranked 100 for the High School. If anything if you just miss out on a High School place you are likely to MOVE UP the list as some on the High School list will take up a Pates place if one is offered.

Post by Guest »

SEM - how did you get your daughter's Stroud High score? I was just told for my daughter that she had passed and was in the top 120 while the letter from Ribston just said she had passed, ie met the qualifying score.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

My word,this Glos forum has hotted up today! I've been virtually all alone this past 12 months where have you all been?? :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now