Appeal Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tabbitha

Re: Appeal Question

Post by Tabbitha »

Hi, Thanks so much for all your replies and pm's :)

Sadly, I didn't put the GS's on the CAF, as the results emails sent through stated not too!!! :(
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

Tabbitha wrote:Sadly, I didn't put the GS's on the CAF, as the results emails sent through stated not too!!! :(
If you've still got it, exactly what did the 'results' email say?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tabbitha wrote:Hi, Thanks so much for all your replies and pm's :)

Sadly, I didn't put the GS's on the CAF, as the results emails sent through stated not too!!! :(
Unfortunately, then, the route is not appeal in March, because you will not have been refused a place. You could possibly make an in-year application after September (that would be the procedure here) and appeal when you are turned down then.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
cazien

Post by cazien »

NancyB wrote:
Tabbitha wrote:Sadly, I didn't put the GS's on the CAF, as the results emails sent through stated not too!!! :(
If you've still got it, exactly what did the 'results' email say?

Our email from Pates did not say we couldn't put it, it just said:-

"I am writing to you about the performance of (childs name) the entrance test on the 12th September 2015. Your child unfortunately did not achieve the qualifying standard required for Pate’s Grammar School. We qualified the top 200 children who have achieved the qualifying standard from the 1000 children who sat or shared results with Pate’s.

You will receive different ranking information from all the other Grammar Schools (if you have shared results). Although your child is not ranked high enough for Pate’s Grammar School they may be considered for one of the other Grammar Schools.

You will now need to complete your Common Application Form which must be returned to the Local Authority by 31st October 2015. Please see our website for further information on what happens next".

Whether the "information on what happens next" on their website advised not to include it on CAF I do not know as I haven't looked at it. DD did qualify for other Grammars so don't know the wording of emails for the other schools.
cazien

Post by cazien »

ToadMum wrote:
Tabbitha wrote:Hi, Thanks so much for all your replies and pm's :)

Unfortunately, then, the route is not appeal in March, because you will not have been refused a place. You could possibly make an in-year application after September (that would be the procedure here) and appeal when you are turned down then.
You can ask for a reconsideration after you have been allocated a school in March, but as your DC has not qualified, the place will then be refused.

You can then appeal on the grounds of non-qualification but you will probably be also appealing on oversubscription as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now