Marling school Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jellyicecream

Re: Marling school Allocations

Post by Jellyicecream »

Trevor, hopefully your ds will move up after all the reconsideration replies are done, that must be soon surely?
I can't remember where you said you were on the list but I'm sure you were near the top.
It must be very frustrating to be so close. I hope your family get some good news soon. Good luck.
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

OK, I see it says on your other post that you won't hear until after the 18th.
Trevor13

Post by Trevor13 »

I apologise as I must have own across rather grumpy! It was my intention.
We are 4/5 I would need to check and I hope it's good news for everyone we all want the best for our children. Sorry for offending anyone.
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

No need to apologise! You didn't come across as grumpy to me. I'm definitely not offended. Good luck.
Now I have to sit though Britain's got No talent, after watching Gillette soccer Saturday. Such fun! :D
Trevor13

Post by Trevor13 »

My evening was trying to put our appeal letter together but i think we have no chance I really do not have any reason as to why my son should have place except he ranked and no places has been offered because of over subscription- we were another late sitter.. His school marks are good but his school is unsupportive of the process so the letter offered was more like great guy not grammar school material
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

Trevor, I have pm'd you.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

trevor, no need to apologies, I totally understand your frustration, I just wanted to explain why some people hold on to waiting list places, it really isn't selfishnes.

Do go and have a look at some of the appeals threads. If he was ranked, I think that gives you good grounds for an appeal, so go and see what others have said, and best of luck to you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now