Bus to Crypt from Longlevens/Barnwood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Watermelon8

Bus to Crypt from Longlevens/Barnwood

Post by Watermelon8 »

Can anyone tell me which is the cheapest bus transport to Crypt? Is the public bus or school bus the cheapest?! I've been told both by different people! :?
Liltas

Re: Bus to Crypt from Longlevens/Barnwood

Post by Liltas »

Hi, my son gets the bus from the double Gloucester, put on by John Dix travel and I pay £49 a month. It may be cheaper using public buses I don't know but saying that when he gets the public bus home sometimes after sport etc it's 2 buses and not cheap. I am guessing you can buy some type of pass maybe to reduce the cost. I prefer him just to get on one bus that delivers him to the door :D
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

From Barnwood I would say it is the number 10 stagecoach bus. I guess from Longelevens you might need to get a different bus 94 and they change to 10 in town.
We are currently paying £2 a day for a child's day rider so can use for multiple journeys but this seems to be a temporary thing. Normally we buy a £13 weekly megarider and we can use them at the weekends too. I think this works out cheaper overall as we don't pay anything during holidays and sometimes I do drive them and collect.
I have to say my 2 travel to Ribston and Crypt and they quickly leared the use the buses and it has given them a lot of confidence and they have become a bit more savy and streetwise. They have had to deal with some tricky issues at times - bad behaviour from other kids, kids from another school calling them snobs etc but there are usually plenty of other kids from Crypt and Ribston on the the buses. I found a friendly responsible older pupil to show my DC the ropes when they were in yr7. Scary though to see them going off on their own to begin with.....
Liltas

Post by Liltas »

Ooh just remembered I have 2 months where I don't have to pay July and August :)
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Thank you :D
I think the public bus for us is the no.10, stops at the bus station briefly but they stay on then it carries on & drops outside Crypt.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

The great thing about the number 10 is the frequency of them - there is another along in 10 minutes if they miss one. My ds gets an early bus quite often and gets to school to have breakfast. Then he goes to the war hammer club on a Friday and gets a late bus home.
Bikerboy

Post by Bikerboy »

I think Bennetts do a bus to Crypt and Ribston from along Cheltenham Road Longlevens and the Cross Keys pub too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now