SHS - Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AllzWell

SHS - Grammar school

Post by AllzWell »

Hi,

Hope you all have got your choice of ur school.
My daughter has got into SHS. We live in bristol. Has anybody looking to commute from Bristol or nearby?

In anticipation for reply.

Thanks
steppemum

Re: SHS - Grammar school

Post by steppemum »

there are children who commute from Bristol, it is a long way though. As I recall from previous threads, some do car share, some go on the train. Shs is walking distance from the station and there are quite a few who walk up the hill together.

Try contacting the school (maybe not this week as they will be very busy) and see if they will put you in touch with other families who already do the same.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

steppemum wrote:there are children who commute from Bristol, it is a long way though. As I recall from previous threads, some do car share, some go on the train. Shs is walking distance from the station and there are quite a few who walk up the hill together.
Remember, there are no trains to Stroud from Bristol without changing at Gloucester or Swindon. It's a nuisance for commuters going the other way as well. [just off to drive DD to BFI course at the Watershed].
Capers
Mrsdevonshire

Post by Mrsdevonshire »

It's an awful journey going the other way (as an adult).

I'd suggest moving house!
AllzWell

Post by AllzWell »

thanks Steppemum and ladies. I will check with school. Fingers crossed there are more girls going and there is a chance to get some company for my DD.
Moving house - :-(
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Good luck Allzwell, to your DD in her new school. Hope you find a doable option for travel.

I wondered what experience parents have of travel from Cheltenham to Stroud High for their DDs. My DD is year 5 so I have a few months to consider our choices but thought I'd look ahead.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now