Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 am 

Hi just wondering if anyone knows of any transport from the Teddington area to the Crypt?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 am 

The only Crypt I have heard of is in Gloucester :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:22 am 

Is that near Ashchurch? there are kids who come from Tewkesbury area...best to ask the school they sometimes put a request out for parents looking for other parents to lift share or they will be able to give information on the different buses running to the school

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:51 am 

There is a bus (I think it may be Bennetts) from Bishops Cleeve ( a friends son uses it). I know Marchants are looking at the possibility of putting on a bus from Winchcombe and surrounding areas from Sept - they are asking people to register their interest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm 

Hera wrote:

And the only Teddington I know is also in Gloucestershire.

Can you get to the Racecourse Sianja? (Not today, obviously!). There may be buses from there I think. Your best bet is to call the school.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:44 pm 

Amber wrote:
Hera wrote:

Not a Keira Knightley fan, then - Teddington (on the Thames) School's most famous daughter?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:19 pm 

ToadMum wrote:
Amber wrote:
Hera wrote:

Not a Keira Knightley fan, then - Teddington (on the Thames) School's most famous daughter?
Nope. I don't know who she is, sorry (not into telly or film).

I was being a bit cheeky as I read Hera's post as an assumption that the OP had made an error of some kind. And it is about 3 miles from where I am typing this. Which is not near the Thames. We actually have a Toddington, a Tredington and a Tiddington as well. Teddington has a roundabout named after it and there is also a place to get nice fresh asparagus in the village. I don't work for the Teddington tourist board.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm 

Quote:
I was being a bit cheeky as I read Hera's post as an assumption that the OP had made an error of some kind.

You are right, I did, I was being flippant and I am the one with egg on my face :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:43 pm 

Hera wrote:
Quote:
I was being a bit cheeky as I read Hera's post as an assumption that the OP had made an error of some kind.

You are right, I did, I was being flippant and I am the one with egg on my face :oops:
Not at all. You have just obviously never experienced the delights of the area between Cheltenham and Evesham :D . I bet it's prettier than the Teddington you mentioned, Keira whatever-her-name-is or no. That said, at the moment it will be solid with traffic as it is Cheltenham race week. So the very Keira may even be floating over my head in a helicopter right now!

OP -call the school. Bit of a journey, mind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:56 pm 

I am not sure if Bishops Cleeve or Tewkesbury is closer? Prob Cleeve and there are buses from there. There is a bus from Tewkesbury as well. It was a minibus, but is now a larger one. There may be places in September. If you want the details for the Tewkesbury one, I can PM them to you.

Iona