Teddington to Crypt transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Peridot

Re: Teddington to Crypt transport

Post by Peridot »

Well that's interesting because I thought the Teddington I knew was the only one - the one between Kingston and Twickenham that is. It's famous not just for Keira Knightley but also for being the point where the Thames stops being tidal - and Teddington Lock is where the Monty Python Fish Slapping sketch was filmed. And it is quite pretty! Sorry, I digress.
Iona

Post by Iona »

Peridot wrote:Well that's interesting because I thought the Teddington I knew was the only one - the one between Kingston and Twickenham that is. It's famous not just for Keira Knightley but also for being the point where the Thames stops being tidal - and Teddington Lock is where the Monty Python Fish Slapping sketch was filmed. And it is quite pretty! Sorry, I digress.
It's a small village , the one I know - between Beckford and Aston Cross. Strange how many places share names.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Iona wrote:
Peridot wrote:Well that's interesting because I thought the Teddington I knew was the only one - the one between Kingston and Twickenham that is. It's famous not just for Keira Knightley but also for being the point where the Thames stops being tidal - and Teddington Lock is where the Monty Python Fish Slapping sketch was filmed. And it is quite pretty! Sorry, I digress.
It's a small village , the one I know - between Beckford and Aston Cross. Strange how many places share names.
Round here (not a small village in rural Gloucestershire :lol: ), there are several duplicate street names, the product of the development of 'urbanisations' in what were discrete sites with similar features, I assume. On the day my late mother started receiving Meals on Wheels, the WRVS initially set out to deliver her lunch to a household three or four miles away.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Good news this webiste mentions a new pick up for Crypt and Ribston at Teddington Hands

http://www.bennettscoaches.co.uk/glouce ... ol-bus.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

ToadMum wrote:
Iona wrote:
Round here (not a small village in rural Gloucestershire :lol: ), there are several duplicate street names, the product of the development of 'urbanisations' in what were discrete sites with similar features, I assume. On the day my late mother started receiving Meals on Wheels, the WRVS initially set out to deliver her lunch to a household three or four miles away.
I lived in a village where the houses didn't have numbers but names. Every street/lane had a houses 'The house' and 'The Cottage' although the previous owners of ours had renamed it ' Ivy Cottage'. Wish they hadn't the cursed stuff was everywhere and had wrecked the roof.

Hoping it is okay to continue of pf topic as someone has given original poster the info needed.
taxiservice

Post by taxiservice »

This is the Marchants one - closest points look like gretton, woodmancote or gotherington

http://www.marchants-coaches.com/Ribsto ... igh-School" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
capers123

Post by capers123 »

You are right, I did, I was being flippant and I am the one with egg on my face :oops:
I'd prefer the egg on top of the fresh Sparrow Grass. Last year I thought the farm wasn't selling any.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now