Current Year 7 STRS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kismet

Current Year 7 STRS

Post by Kismet »

I just wondered if any other new ( ish)Tommies boys are struggling a bit with friendships still. my DS likes to play the joker a bit( although he is still working hard and doing well, judging by order grades) so I imagine teachers and pupils probably think he's very confident. In reality it's a defence mechanism and an attempt to win popularity with the cool kids on the block. I wondered if there are any other yr 7s in the Park area of Cheltenham or nearby who would be interested in meeting occasionally for a kick about. DS is obsessed with football. If so please PM me.
I want to step back and leave him to organise his own social life but have realised he needs a little help just to regain the confidence to do so.
MedievalBabe

Re: Current Year 7 STRS

Post by MedievalBabe »

Kismet, my DS did not have any friends really in Y7 but now in Y9 he has a happy select group. During Y7 it took him time to identify who he got on with and also who he was unlikely to get on with. He has a couple of friends in his tutor group and some in the other tutor groups, they have come about as they have been gradually mixed further in Y8 and 9. I think the Lakeside trip really gave him that chance.

Don't worry yet, it will happen. Also you can speak to his tutor about it or head of year if you are really worried.
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Current Year 7 STRS

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Have PM'd you kismet.