Stroud High uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Stroud High uniform

Post by doodles »

Many an unworn school jumper hanging in our cupboards so I don't bother to buy now. I've never bought a school coat but they do have mac in a sac's for downpours but the school blazer is that boiled wool felt like stuff so it's warm and actually drizzle proof. Ds1 is in a suit now and they are a lot less hard wearing than uniform.

Shirts are M&S for both but unfortunately ds1's come in packs of 3 as they are now menswear, and as we are a line and airer family (no tumble drier) it's a bit of a stiff turn around but we manage.

The bugbear in this house is black socks, both DS hate them :? and have always done everything in their powers to not wear them, steadfastly ignoring the piles in their sock drawers. I used to get stressed but now I reckon if ds2 gets caught when they have to take their shoes off in drama it's down to him to explain. Individuality expressed in socks :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

Up the sock rebellion! Love a bit of individuality, you made me giggle doodles. We have a "sock monster", who makes socks disappear. We are a house of odd sock wearers.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

ds does this with socks too!

He is now walking a fine line with trousers. 3 pairs of perfectly good school trousers hanging in the cupboard, but last week he looked at his skinny black jeans and went hmmm.
He is now wearing them as 'school trousers' I have told him if he gets sent home to change, he will pay the consequences. So far he is getting away with it.
authormum

Post by authormum »

DD joining Y7 in September and we live just up the road, so we see all the SHS girls walking to school. Have to back up what yellowdawg says - we have only ever seen two girls in trousers, which is a shame as dd also really prefers trousers but she definitely wants to go with a skirt. Actually it will probably save us money anyway, as she is so tall and still growing and trousers seem to be too short every 4 months with her!
Having said all that, the girls all look *so* smart on their walk in to school.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Forgot to mention, SHS girls are allowed the stitch down pleat skirt too. This is much better quality and some prefer it. The uniform shop only seem to have it in big sizes, so you have to order it from Trutex Direct.
http://www.trutexdirect.com/catalogue/s ... skirt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

DD1 is in year 11 (now doing gases), we've usually managed on 2 short sleeved and 2 long sleeved blouses, 1 skirt (1 smaller for back up), 1 jumper and 1 blazer. Blazer is terrible quality and lining always tears, but she wears it all day everyday, so replace every year! Some of the pr kit my dd never wore -not joggers etc. Some wear trousers and I've never heard my dd say they get bullied, but her year is pretty chilled.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Hi - imustbecrazy - can I ask - are they allowed to wear the short sleeves at any point in the year, or only summer term?

Thanks
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Steppemum, they can wear them at any time of the year. Some of DD's friends only wear the short sleeved shirts.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Thanks.
At least I don't have to buy more for summer!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

My dd is at Ribston and much prefers trousers to a skirt. This has led to her successfully arguing that girls should be able to wear trousers all year round if they prefer as it was the case that they were only allowed in the winter. It has now become school policy that trousers can be work all year round...proud mummy moment... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now