Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: HSFG reports
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:43 pm 

Hi All,

Having read the head's email today, I wondered if anyone else felt it strange that Year 7 onwards will no longer get any written reports from teachers - just the numbers progress/ monitoring report.
Not sure if anyone else agrees that, although I understand the report, I don't find them personal or motivating for my child.

Post subject: Re: HSFG reports
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:10 pm 

The email refers to "Progress Monitoring" reports, I didn't interpret this as no formal written reports from teaching staff. I read it as a change to the frequency or timing of reports as it refers to a change to scheduling; presumably to make it more manageable for teaching staff and more appropriately timed for year 9 options etc. Maybe I'm wrong!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:38 pm 

Hi scared cat.

Many thanks for your reply. Hopefully we've read it wrong. I appreciate being easier for teachers and it's a new system.
I was expecting a full report in June (as per their website) when we instead got the last progress/monitoring report so assumed we wouldn't now get any written reports. Maybe one will appear tomorrow. I have queried with the school now but no reply.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:02 am 

DD is year 8 and I know we got a written report round about Oct/Nov time when she had only been with some subject teachers for a few weeks. That did seem a bit daft because some teachers had only taught her for two or three lessons and couldn't possibly know all their students well at that point. I guess they are trying to address issues such as this and I wouldn't be too worried. Also, with a DS at another grammar, I know that the schools do issue written reports at different times of the year for different year groups. Don't necessarily expect a written report in June or July because it doesn't happen that way, as it would at a primary school.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 pm 

I hate the new Progresso "tickbox" reports Ribston do. Most of us like to think that our kids are more than just a number and enjoy having personal feedback. I'm really disappointed. I know teachers have a lot on their plates and it must be really time consuming. It may be that there is more info in future terms.