Stagecoach Smartcard

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cob

Stagecoach Smartcard

Post by cob »

Hi all,
I am trying to sort out a bus-pass for my son who will be travelling on the bus 61 Cheltenham to Stroud starting September. As I understand it, a smartcard is quite a good idea? I have registered for it online but now I am stuck, could anyone help and let me know how do I actually buy the card?
Alternatively, is it better value to get a Megarider pass?
Many thanks in advance.
MedievalBabe

Re: Stagecoach Smartcard

Post by MedievalBabe »

Hi we use the smartcard/megabus plus. When DS started at Tommies I paid automatically each month for the Cheltenham/Gloucester pass but only realised in the summer that I had been wasting money over the year during the holidays. So now each month I pay online with a 4 week ticket and then extra weeks until the holidays, which makes a bit of a saving across the year.

Both DS and DD have smartcards, which we load with their tickets. Each one is individual to each child, we also use them at weekends. Your card will arrive in the post once you have ordered it and you can choose the start date of the ticket. If the smartcard gets lost you can easily get it replaced.

If you have registered for the card you just need to buy the ticket. Go to the website, choose your ticket and how long, 1 week, 4 week or monthly, allocate it to your card and then pay.

If you have any more questions I can try and help.
cob

Post by cob »

Thank you so much - that's very helpful.
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Hi, I picked up a card from the Stagecoach shop in Cheltenham. You can pay on the bus, or top it up online.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now