Secondary transfer form - Gloucestershire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BlueDoor

Secondary transfer form - Gloucestershire

Post by BlueDoor »

Hi. I have just logged on to the secondary transfer form. I'm on the page where you can select schools. For the grammars it says 'I believe my child can pass this school's entrance test' and 'If my child does not get a place in this school on their ability or aptitude I would still like them to be considered for this school'.

I have put yes for both of the above. Just wondering why it says 'I believe my child can pass' when we already have the results?

Also, should I write anything in the boxes where you get 3000 words (3000!) for 'other reasons'? No idea what should go in here.

Apologies if these are obvious questions but I don't want to get it wrong. Any help would be much appreciated please. Thank you.
Skip

Re: Secondary transfer form - Gloucestershire

Post by Skip »

I rang the Glos Admissions today as I too found this confusing. Apparently it's a software issue as they can't change the wording. Anyhow I answered as you have and have been told that's fine. You can apparently also answer 'not applicable' and again that will be OK. That being said I will probably ring them to check all OK next week to be on the safe side. I'd rather not bother them with the call but I need to ensure I haven't messed up the form!

I didn't write anything in the 'other reasons' but if you read the Guidance pdf on the admissions website that box has a particular purpose (sorry I can't remember now).
Last edited by Skip on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BlueDoor wrote:Hi. I have just logged on to the secondary transfer form. I'm on the page where you can select schools. For the grammars it says 'I believe my child can pass this school's entrance test' and 'If my child does not get a place in this school on their ability or aptitude I would still like them to be considered for this school'.

I have put yes for both of the above. Just wondering why it says 'I believe my child can pass' when we already have the results?

Also, should I write anything in the boxes where you get 3000 words (3000!) for 'other reasons'? No idea what should go in here.

Apologies if these are obvious questions but I don't want to get it wrong. Any help would be much appreciated please. Thank you.
The first question / statement is (or at least was) on our local CAF as well, but the second bit only for the semi-selective schools. I would just tick both and ignore the text box, personally.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Once you've submitted your form you can then log on to admissions and check everything is as it should be. I'm pretty sure we only wrote reasons in the faith school choice.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

RedVelvet wrote:I'm pretty sure we only wrote reasons in the faith school choice.
As far as I'm aware, the information in that box is ignored. If it's a faith school that gives higher priority to those attending certain churches, then that information would be entered on an additional form sent to the school directly. The school will then rank any applicants and send the priority to Shire Hall to add in to the system (you won't get to see that), in the same way that the Grammars will rank each applicant.
Capers
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

In the old days you had to submit the form before you knew the results of the 11+. Perhaps the question about believing you child can pass it is a hang over from then...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

FluffyCat wrote:In the old days you had to submit the form before you knew the results of the 11+. Perhaps the question about believing you child can pass it is a hang over from then...
In our case (this may just be selective - pardon the pun :roll: - amnesia, of course), I don't remember the question re able to pass popping up when applying for the two who transferred under the old system here, only with the last, the only one whose results we knew in advance :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now