Pupil Premium/FSM - grammar school data

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jellyicecream

Re: Pupil Premium/FSM - grammar school data

Post by Jellyicecream »

What's with the ****? I only said the opposite place to heaven!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Jellyicecream wrote:What's with the ****? I only said the opposite place to heaven!

Filter software, the previous one was far worse!
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Let's see if we can out smart the software?

'Naff off' as Fletcher would say :lol: -I would bet my last dollar it would not be able to pick up this colloquial term.

I may be an idiot but even I can outsmart any computer but according to my son ,soon the software will be so advanced using Big Data and AI algorithms we are very close now to surpassing Turing test.
Amber

Post by Amber »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 1018115559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning - there is a rude word at the end of this article, thus linking it not only with the topic but also with the rude word filter comment. Always relevant eh? :)
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

:lol:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

FluffyCat wrote:I would also point out that most of us in Gloucestershire have to pay to get our children to the grammar schools. Whilst a child may get a place at Pate's for instance, it is entirely possible that the parent cannot afford the bus fare to enable them to take up that place.
That is a really good point. One of the girls in dd's class easily passed for Pates but couldn't take up the place as her mum couldn't afford the bus travel, so goes to Ribston, which is very close to where she lives. I believe the single act of paying for in-county travel costs for fsm kids would help level the playing field.
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

They already are entitled to free transport if FSM and if 2-6 miles away and one of your nearest 3 secondary schools.
It could be very expensive if they gave free school transport to any distance to any grammar in the county as they are already stretched but it wouldn't surprise me.
They are not so keen on helping SEND student even though they are below national average intake also.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now