Marling cohort: 718 boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bigbristols

Marling cohort: 718 boys

Post by bigbristols »

Hi all,

Was wondering if people would be prepared to talk about which schools they are likely to choose for their children to roughly gauge my lad's chances and the chances of a couple of his friends, all ranked in the 200s and 300s in the Marling cohort.

We didn't share my lad's results with any school other than Marling. For those who shared with multiple schools and achieved the qualifying standard at Marling, how many are thinking of choosing Marling as a first choice?

I guess this could be thrown open to all of the schools. Knowing what schools you shared with, and what schools you will not now be considering may help others to gauge their children's chances, too.

Thank you. And good luck to all your children in getting a place at their preferred school.
MintTea71

Re: Marling cohort: 718 boys

Post by MintTea71 »

If it helps, my DS was within PAN for Marling but we are going for Pates / STR as preference 1 & 2 (he will get into STR if his Pates rank isn't high enough).

Good luck!
GL2Mum

Post by GL2Mum »

We shared with all 4 but are going for Pates (within top 150)
bigbristols

Post by bigbristols »

Thanks very much to both of you. I know it's impossible to predict what will happen, but it helps to get a general idea. If only to ease the nerves a little :)
Skip

Post by Skip »

We shared with all four but going with Pates too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now