Pate's scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

LOL I won't mention it again, I agree it must be very boring!!!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Not at all - I am just showing off because I know my DS's score already! I wonder perhaps if Pates will let you know when you get the "official" offer letter from them on the 4th...you will have to let us know.

In the meantime - I've heard a rumour that there's a party in Rehab tonight - hope to see you there! :lol:
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

How do YOU know? is your DS going to a Glos Grammar?
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Sorry,that sounded a bit rude! didn't mean it, just trying to find out all I can! when myDS sat tests< we knew nothing of the system, and I'm learning all the time now, mainly from this site,

I'll try to look in on the party in Rehab+trying to cook dinner now!!! :wink:
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I only registered my DS for the one grammar school (Crypt) and the letter they sent giving the results included his score :lol: .

I therefore know he has passed but unfortunately have no idea whether he will be offered a place there since it all depends on the rank order and how many others have put Crypt down as a preference.

Obviously keeping everything crossed!

Hope I didn't mislead you into thinking I was talking about Pates!
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Cheltdad, I too have a child that passed for Pates two years ago and didn't get their rank.Can I ask how come you got yours? I just knew their scores because we had put another grammar second.
Not particularly bothered,just that horrible curiosity because everybody seems to have differnt experiences.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

See, I've got you all started now!!! we must start a " i want the scores club" LOL

We are probably all obsessed, my hubby can't understand why I am so interested, he said tonight " she's in. that's all I care about , why do you keep going on that forum?"
xx
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

i rang and asked on the day I got the letter
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

ps youngest now goes private pretty confident that will almost guarantee a grammar school place in 4 years time - as a) he is very bright and b) what they do compared to the useless state school(s) is different class eg he is 6 and brings home roald dahl books to read and can now add up several items at the checkout before the person scans them and gets the right figure allowing for discounts as well! something the checkout person can't manage, so basically u get what u pay for

i notice another thread about attitude to grammar schools, if u scorea hatrick for the footie team - well done, pass for pates/Denmark road etc black mark!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

cheltdad, you seem to be very anti- state, I do agree that some state schools leave a lot to be desired, but to me, you sound like a complete snob! just because you can afford a private place for your youngest, and he can add up before the checkout operator, does that mean he is more eligible for a grammar place than a child from any background?

I have spent many hours with my DC complimenting their state education, and they are well adjusted, bright, confident children, who can add up quickly, but know that some people can't, for many reasons.

Your child may add up more quickly than a checkout operator, but is he/she as well adjusted? life is not all about what standard of books we read. Not all children have the dubious privilege of a private education, there are many children who should get the chance of a grammar education, because their parent's do not know how to get them there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now