What Happens Next?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Burneth

Post by Burneth »

AJ11 wrote:I'm looking forward to the unifrom bit (sad I know), don't ask me why!!
You are not alone AJ11!

Strange day to be having a "uniform fitting" on a Sunday but I can't wait either!

Do we think this means this is when we will make our uniform orders...or collect what we have ordered previously? If it is the latter, when should I be ordering (I don't want to miss the boat!) I was hoping to be able to have a fitting session before ordering as I really have no idea what size to get really! Do I sound like I am stressing over this now? Reading it back I would say a big YES!!

Has anybody seen the Crypt uniform for sale in any other outlets?
AJ11

Post by AJ11 »

Must admit I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else. Did pop into the national uniform shop in Northgate Street few weeks ago to check the prices for the Kings uniform and I didn't see any thing for Crypt. There were some grammar school uniforms in there but not that one.

I feel the same as you Burneth, I would hate to miss the ordering date. Would much rather go into a shop and browse and buy in own time, hard to know what size to get for September.

The primary school my children go to are the same, you can only order through the school. My eldest went to Rednock and you could purchase that in the uniform shop. All schools are different.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Apparently the Crypt uniform is only available through the school-that is the badged stuff,obviously the trousers etc from anywhere!! I would say we will have a list in our packs which they have promised us by the end of May.I think you go on the Sunday and actually take it away that day!

What are we like?? I have already been in contact with Stagecoach re the buses!

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I never think it's too soon to start planning...I already have DS's sandwich box packed (only joking!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would, however, be nice to have a list from the school sooner rather than later so I can see exactly what is required...an experienced senior school mum and friend of mine said the list is endless....from the uniform right down to the smallest items like pencils/pencil cases etc ....I think I will need to do some overtime!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Don't joke about the sandwich box-DS has made me promise that he can eat pizza and such like "like all the boys were eating at the open day"-and that was at morning break! What with the laptop and the bus and all the uniform-I feel a belt tightening exercise coming on...

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Oh yes - the laptop scheme worries me a little...from the limited paperwork I have it appears that it is going to cost in the region of £30 per month over three years...that's over £1,000....I can go to the local computer shop and get one for a lot less, wondering if they will let me do that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I think not-something to do with the software licences.The other 2 years that are in the scheme pay £25 a month or what they can afford.I know a friend who pays £8 a month as what with the bus etc cannot afford any more.Apparently out of 115 boys,6 opted out totally last year.they will probably be getting us to sign the direct debit forms at that 1st meeting in May!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

So the scheme actually runs for the whole 5 years then?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

You have to pay over 3 years,our boys will be the 3rd year they have run the scheme
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Ahhh - re-read your post and get it now! When I saw the 2 years I jumped right into the wrong conclusion!

So we might get means tested for this Scheme then? :lol: :lol: :lol: