admission test scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Sorry Cheltmum2 got the wrong end of the stick-now see what you mean re the 108!!! I know a few that got places at Crypt are thinking of applying for Tommies on appeal-we did think about it too but can't stand the stress and am just grateful for our place!
cheltmum2

Post by cheltmum2 »

i don't blame you. they are all fantastic schools and the end results are all very similar. who needs the extra stress.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Slightly off topic, but I'm told that from the original 120 who were on the definite list for Stroud High last November, at least No. 136 has been offered a place - may be 139. Just a reference for next year!
Capers
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Joining in with the off topic - Pates have definitely offered at least up to rank 137 in the FIRST round of offers - which is also interesting information for those taking the test this November! It just goes to show that there is always hope!

I suspect there will be more movement in the next couple of months as well.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Burneth wrote:I suspect there will be more movement in the next couple of months as well.
No doubt there will, and then there are the appeals. And even after that, the schools might offer places to pad up to 32 in each class as opposed to the PAN level of 30.

So if there's anyone out there who hasn't yet not got an offer, don't loose heart - make sure you're on the waiting list, and appeal if you've got grounds to do so.
Capers
magwich

Post by magwich »

We are just about to turn down my daughters place at Pates (rather sadly because it is such a fantastic school but she passed for her sisters more local grammar in warwickshire) so hopefully that will be good news for someone on the waiting list. Regarding scores at Pates we were told by a VERY reliable source that the top 100 places are only separated by 8 marks. There is also apparently no correlation between the marks obtained in the 11+ and subsequent performance at the school.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

magwich wrote:We are just about to turn down my daughters place at Pates (rather sadly because it is such a fantastic school but she passed for her sisters more local grammar in warwickshire) so hopefully that will be good news for someone on the waiting list. Regarding scores at Pates we were told by a VERY reliable source that the top 100 places are only separated by 8 marks. There is also apparently no correlation between the marks obtained in the 11+ and subsequent performance at the school.
Magwich...just think how happy your decision will make at least one child/parent. I am sure there will be many more - so don't give up hope everybody!

All the best for your DD's future and I hope she has a ball at her new school....She will have big sis to look out for her and she won't have the added stress of extended travelling to and from school which I think is very important too. My DS will be able to walk to his new school!

Take care
sem

Post by sem »

I phoned Ribston on Monday morning to see if I could get my daughter's results and was told if I put my request to the Head either in writing of by e-mail she would send them to me.

However, I received a letter from Ribston today stating they will not disclose the score for pastoral reasons and that it is common practice with all the Grammar schools!

I also received a letter from The High School informing me that my DD had done very well on the one test and was just below the qualifying mark in the other test and that I might like to appeal ( which I already am doing as I had suspected this result)

Isn't it frustrating though that Ribston will not reveal the scores when all the other Grammars are?
guest87

Post by guest87 »

Hi SEM,

did you put the High School as one of your preferences? I didn't because my DD didn't meet qualifying score, but got Ribston. Can you appeal if you initially registered at a school but did not put it as a preference?
sem

Post by sem »

Hi Guest87

Yes, I put Denmark as my first choice as I was advised to if I intended to appeal.

I don't know whether or not you will be able to appeal for a school not on your preference form, sorry.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now