admission test scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capers123

Post by capers123 »

magwich wrote:We are just about to turn down my daughters place at Pates (rather sadly because it is such a fantastic school but she passed for her sisters more local grammar in warwickshire)
Great :D A parent after my own heart. While there's a pretty good chance that our children will pass for Pates (and it was my partners old school), we'd prefer them to go to a local school. A more than adequate local school is a better choice to me than an even better, but quite distant, one.
There is also apparently no correlation between the marks obtained in the 11+ and subsequent performance at the school.

That's interesting. It could well be partly because of tutoring - some very bright children don't bother with it, so will be best in class, whereas slightly less able get tutored, so do better in the 11+, but are not as good in the classroom. It's also probably because the 11+ is just an indicator of general intelligence, whereas classroom performance is down to aptitude in that subject.
Capers
guest87

Post by guest87 »

Thanks sem,

I am not going to appeal anyhow, as Ribston ideal for DD, but it does highlight the fact that even if children donot pass the test initially,it is worth putting them down on preference form as higher choices in case it was a very close call.

Judging by what has been said on this thread already, there will be alot of movement especially the waiting lists, and many successful appeals.

Good luck with your appeal for The High School.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Isn't it frustrating though that Ribston will not reveal the scores when all the other Grammars are?[/quote]

Hi Sem,not all the grammars give scores, Pates won't reveal scores for pastoral reasons,which is understanable,however,Shire Hall will post results for Denmark road (Idon't know if they do if your child is going there though)
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I have received letter from LA today with Tommies scores so they have no problem giving them out!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now