opinions on Ribston hall verses The high school for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Burneth

Post by Burneth »

TPO wrote:Good points GM thanks!

We will chat to our DD but i think now on reflection that we have nothing to lose as said so might as well try so i don't end up suffering from "what if" syndrome! :lol:

Thanks again tpo x
I suppose your DD doesn't need to know that you are appealing to Denmark Road, so you don't raise her hopes. That way there is definitely nothing to lose as she would be none the wiser if your appeal failed and perhaps if you succeeded then she could have the choice of which school she would like to attend.

There are a few parents who seem to have been contacted by Denmark Road suggesting they should appeal...it seems to me that perhaps they set their pass mark too high this year and are now struggling to fill the places - hopefully they may re-assess this before November and the next entrance exam.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do but should you appeal, have a good read through the appeals section for lots of very helpful advice.

I understand where you are coming from this being your only child as I only have the one also and it was a traumatic experience for me too!

Regards.

B
x
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

gloucestermum wrote:
I have no experience personally of any of the girls schools-have friends whose daughters go to Ribston and are very happy.I think you will need to decide exactly what type of school your DD will thrive at and where her interests lie-she has already done very well to get a place at Ribston as I know that it is fully allocated for September and there are girls on the waiting list who passed but didn't get offered a place.
GM
There is also hope for those on the waiting list for Ribston as I am sure once the appeals are held for Denmark Road, several places will be freed up at Ribston. Good news for some on the waiting list hopefully!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now